GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading
research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to
improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel
better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer
healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Finance
Requisition ID: WD117720
Position: Full time
- Finance Partnering: Provides financial information and insight
for forecasting, planning and controlling costs to the business. Focus
is on financial accounting/analysis to support achievement of internal
business goals. May be responsible for budgetary control system and
business performance analysis.
- Develops, implements and maintains the financial plans and
policies of the organisation. Establishes fiscal controls, prepares
financial reports, maintains relations with investment and banking
communities, advises management on financial affairs and assists in
long-range planning. Responsibilities may include accounting, financial
analysis, audit, tax, credit and collections.
- Representative for Consumer commercial matters on the Finance Board.
- Serve as Sr. Finance Business Partner for the Nigeria & OWA revenues of £17.5m
- Responsible for supporting the sales and marketing teams in
strategy development and execution, resource allocation, portfolio
management & opportunity identification and maximisation.
- Takes overall responsibility for the Nigeria /OWA Consumer Business P&L’s.
- Serves as a senior finance partner for commercial sales and marketing for both Consumer businesses noted.
- Provide leadership and direction to 2 direct reports.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Main focus of this role is to add value to the commercial
organisation while keeping in mind relevant risks and ensuring risk and
opportunity are balanced at all times.
- Takes overall responsibility for the P & L for both Consumer
Nigeria & OWA businesses. Reviewing results overall and signing off
results when you comfortable these are accurate.
- Lead and business partnering team in the financial planning
processes for Nigeria & OWA ensuring development of robust business
plans and forecasts.
- Ensure appropriate timetables regarding budgeting and
forecasting is prepared and communicated to the finance and commercial
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of monthly results, annual
results and all other quarterly submission for the business partnering
- Drive Working Capital reduction program across the Nigeria &
OWA implementing best practice and ensuring delivery of Working Capital
- Be a catalyst for change and support all commercial projects
from an Africa perspective in conjunction with the sales and marketing
teams for the better of the business.
- Review advertising and promotion strategies and ensure optimised spend efficiency and use of best practices.
- Support planned NPD initiatives
- Active management of overall gross margin, cogs, cogs mix and gross to net ration’s.
- Present A&P and sales information at the monthly commercial meetings.
- Has/develop an in-depth knowledge of the local business, the industry and competitors in the industry.
- Has /develop an established network within the commercial teams and greater organisation.
- Your aim is to spend 40% to 50% of your time in the commercial
business supporting the sales team with customer, supporting marketing
projects and initiatives, understanding commercial requirements,
understanding their challenges and finding solutions to assist with
creating value adding solutions.
- Working on ad-hoc projects.
- Effectively presenting and communication information to the business and smaller teams when required.
- Support the GM and area FD with ad-hoc requests
- Support the marketing and sales directors with ad-hoc projects and requests.
- Provide information and assist with internal and external audits.
- Support the S&OP meetings to make informed decisions from a One P&L perspective.
- Support the sales and marketing teams in ROI determinations and
making decisions on the best course of action for specific promotions.
- Active management of gross margins by brand/country (for GE) as well as brand contribution margins.
- Ensure SOP’s / knowledge documents are up to date and reviewed regularly.
- Live the GSK values of integrity, transparency, customer first and respect
- The role requires independent thinking due to the diverse nature of the role in the commercial environment.
- Chartered Accountant / MBA Finance with 8 – 10 years of Post Qualification Experience.
- FMCG experience
- Extensive experience in MS Office.
- Advance knowledge & Skill in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in working as a commercial business partner
- Experience in a financial accounting role
- Experience in emerging markets
- Independent Thinking; (Provide examples of innovations or
creative approaches used and indicate the frequency with which they are
- Previous CH / FMCG experience
- Indicate the degree to which this position is governed by procedures and standards
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply