Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer be based in Monguno, Borno State and report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Deputy Project Manager.
- The M & E Officer will be primarily be responsible for data gathering, collation and reporting activities to ensure the quality and accountability of the programs implemented by Action Against Hunger in Northern Nigeria.
- Under the direction of the M&E Deputy Project Manager and in collaboration with the Project Manager, the M&E Officer will develop and implement clear and practical M&E plans for the program by ensuring program indicators, monitoring formats, databases, data analysis, and reporting are maintained and harmonized.
- He/she will also track progress of key indicators and provide timely report to his/her manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities includes but are not limited to;
- Supporting the M&E team in the pilot data collection and integration of findings by providing feedback to the M & E Deputy Project Manager.
- Review and develop M & E systems for new projects, lead on the implementation of qualitative and participatory tools, including focus group discussions.
- Working closely with the team and other project team to ensure timely and quality data entry, analysis and interpretation.
- Under take regular field visits and monitor the design and execution of surveys with other assessments.
- Representation of Action Against Hunger activities relating to monitoring, evaluation, accountability and reporting when required.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of Bachelors Degree in Economics, International Development, Statistics, Public Health, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- Have a minimum 2 years of proven experience in monitoring, evaluation and accountability of humanitarian or development programs.
- Have experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing.
- Have strong experience in community development programming, preferably in nutrition, food security, livelihoods or WASH
- Be professional, motivated, flexible and culturally sensitive.
- Have strong organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure.
- Have excellent team, budget, project management and representation competencies
- Have excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, Sphere standard, SPSS, SPHINX, or other statistical packages
- Be willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
- Be fluent in English and Hausa (both written and spoken skills).
- Have experience in statistical analysis with participatory fieldwork methodologies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 10th August, 2017.