The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, NO-C
Job Number: 508554
Work Type: Temporary Appointment – 6 months)
Key End-Results Expected
- Integrated Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Planning (IMEP) is prepared and in place to provide strategic priority and realistic plan of activities for M&E.
- Timely monitoring and measurement of changes in conditions due to programme or policies in country or region are conducted with the participation of relevant partners and provided to the Country Office and national partners to facilitate national planning, and assess the impact of the programmes and policies, and report on the progress being made.
- The monitoring and evaluation capacities of Country Office staff and national partners are strengthened, enabling them to increasingly engage in and lead monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Support the implementation of the Monitoring framework of NCO, with an emphasis on the complementary monitoring, by supporting zonale offices with National Guidance, Templates and SOPs as needed.
- Effective communication and partnerships are achieved in carrying out integrated planning of research, monitoring and evaluation activities within the Country Office and with the Regional office and with all other stakeholders, including national partners, the UN Country Team and the international community; and the results are shared with all partners to stimulate joint engagement.
- Country Office Performance are systematically monitored and data for key indicators of the Annual Management Plan and management reports are collected, analyzed and made available to management and the Country Management Team.
- Evaluation is designed and carried out with quality process and products in line with priority and strategy. Support the implementation of the NCO Evaluation Strategy with Drafting TORs, and managing adequately evaluation contracts and team of consultants (international and national). Evaluation findings, recommendations and reports are used to improve programme performance and are effectively disseminated to the intended audience. Major partners are kept abreast and/or contribute to these exercises as required.
- Advanced University degree in Social Sciences, Development Planning, Planning, Evaluation, Survey Implementation, Advanced Statistical Research.
- Five years of professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation activities.
- At least one instance of exposure to emergency programming, including preparedness planning. Active involvement in a humanitarian crisis response programme preferred.
- Fluency in English.
Core Values (Required):
- Diversity and Inclusion
Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with People
- Drive for Result
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Leading and Supervising
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Planning and Organizing, Level
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th November, 2017.