The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
The tasks of the procurement specialist will include:
- Reporting to the TAAT Program Manager, the Procurement Specialist will ensure the effective and efficient conduct of all value chain procurement activities within the Program, in full compliance with the requirements and procedures of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Fiduciary and Procurement Policy Frame work.
- Lead, guide and manage an innovative and effective value chain team of procurement officers in establishing procurement procedures for the project in accordance and consistent with AfDB Procurement Policy Framework (October 2015 edition and as amended from time to time).
- Prepare a Procurement Plan for the Program, in close collaboration and consultations with other members of TAAT value chains in participating institutions and countries.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the procurement of all planned procurements under the TAAT programme, demonstrating high level of confidentiality and integrity devoid of any form of conflict of interest at all levels of the procurement and contracting stages.
- Undertake the preparation and updating of annual procurement plans to be included in the Program Quarterly and Annual Work Plans and Budgets.
- Ensure timely procurement of relevant items (goods, works and services) as identified in the TAAT Program Framework Document and approved Procurement Plan and in accordance with AfDB requirements.
- Assist Procurement officers prepare Standard bidding documents and coordinate the preparation of relevant inputs to standard bidding documents, such as TORs, specifications and Bills of Quantities.
- Supervise bidding/tendering processes for the procurement of works, goods and services following AfDB procurement Rules and Procedures.
- Lead the evaluation committee and arrange for bid opening and service contract and negotiation meetings, including recording of proceedings in accordance with AfDB and Institutional requirements.
- Supervise the preparation of draft procurement notices in liaison with Institutions and coordinate the evaluation of bids and consultants’ proposals including preparation of bid evaluation reports, recommendations for award and draft contract documents in accordance with AfDB requirements.
- Participate in project management meetings and AfDB supervision missions, including the preparation of all information required for the meetings and missions; in particular the procurement records for facilitating post-procurement reviews.
- Ensure that value chain Procurement Officers keep and maintain up-to-date procurement records, certifying that bidding tender evaluation processes are documented in accordance with AfDB requirements.
- Mentor as appropriate procurement officers in the TAAT programme to ensure compliance with AfDB Fiduciary and Procurement Policy Framework.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the TAAT Program Manager or IITA management.
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Commerce, Engineering, Science, Law or any other relevant discipline.
- Certification in Procurement & Supply – For example, UK CIPS Level 4 or above; US ISM CPM or CPSM certification; or equivalent certification or work experience is desirable.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible professional experience with at least 3 at the international level.
- Sound knowledge of logistics and international trading practices and some sectors related to the CGIAR’s mandate is an advantage.
- Ability to lead a team of professionals in the execution of major projects.
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Working knowledge of AfDB and/or CGIAR procurement rules and procedures will be added advantage.
The contract will be for an initial period of three years. IITA offers internationally competitive remuneration package paid in U.S. Dollars.
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching their Cover Letter with detailed Curriculum Vitae saved in a single file in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click Here to Apply for this Position
Application Deadline 15th January, 2018.
Job Title: Program Accountant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The financial management system of the TAAT program must be capable of: Correctly and completely recording all transactions and balances relating to the program;
- Facilitating the preparation of regular, timely and reliable financial statements;
- Safeguarding the program’s assets; and (iv) being subjected to auditing arrangements acceptable to the Bank.
- The Program Financial Management Team shall be responsible for all financial management aspects of the program.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Within the Financial Management team, the Program Accountant shall specifically be responsible for:
- Supporting the Financial Management Specialist (FMS) to maintain a proper system of financial management ensuring availability, accuracy and completeness of all accounting records and documentation and information pertaining to all program transactions at all material times throughout program implementation.
- Drafting the annual program budgets and work plans under the direction of the FMS.
- Drafting the periodic and annual program financial reports, under the direction of the FMS.
- Preparing and following-up timely approval of disbursement requests to AfDB.
- Ensuring that all supporting documents used in request for funds replenishments from the AfDB as well as documents used to make payments for program activities, goods, and services are securely filed and accessible.
- Contributing to the drafting of the program’s Financial Procedures Manual (FPM), and ensuring the FPM is current and updated for changes during implementation.
- Preparing the periodic/monthly Bank Reconciliation statements for all bank Accounts.
- Providing support to Implementing Partners staff, internal auditors, Bank authorized persons including external auditors and Bank staff, and giving them unfettered access to information, records of accounts, documents and any other relevant financial data relating to program implementation.
- Maintaining the program fixed asset register in form and substance acceptable to IITA and the Bank.
- Maintaining custody of petty cash and related documents.
- Carrying out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Project FMS.
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s or an Advanced degree in finance and/or accounting or its equivalent.
- Possess a professional Accounting and/ or Auditing qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, CA or equivalents.
- Have at least 6 years relevant work experience. Prior work with donor funded projects will be a distinct advantage.
- Possess general computer literacy, with practical knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Word & Excel). Knowledge and proficiency of the Oracle accounting software in use by the program would be a distinct advantage.
- Be a good team player, with fluency in English and excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and able to meet strict deadlines.
- The contract will be for an initial period of three years. IITA offers internationally competitive remuneration package paid in U.S. Dollars.
Interested and qualified applicants should send a covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work). The application should be addressed to the Head, Human Resources Service.
Application Deadline 20th January, 2018.