FlexEdge Limited – Our client, a highly rated ultra-luxury hotel in the Federal Capital Territory Abuja is recruiting suitable, qualified and well experienced candidates, to fill the position of:
Job Title: Credit & Cost Controller
The objective for the Credit & Cost Controller position is to:
- Manage the entire credit granting process, bill collection, including the consistent application of a credit policy.
- Manage and ensure that the hotel achieves optimum performance and achieves the required credit targets.
- Ensure Periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the credit worthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
- Maintain effective service and F&B Costing.
Role / Responsibilities
- Administer credit processes and policies for other departments in the hotel
- Manage relations with collection agencies, credit reporting agencies and credit insurance providers
- Ensures timely credit collections of all outstanding payments
- Direct focus on minimizing the Account Receivable outstanding balance
- Monitor and review the AR ledger on a daily basis, ensuring that discrepancies are corrected promptly and effectively
- Ensure that all credit applications properly documented approved by the management and are based on hotel’s policy and procedure.
- Scrutinising all accounts to ensure adherence to the credit policy; includes pursuing and collecting delinquent accounts, providing status reports of uncollectable accounts and referring delinquent accounts to a collection agency.
- Supervise Accounts Assistants regarding accurate and timely billing, processing of credit card inquiries and charge backs, billing of FIT accounts, processing of advance deposits and advance deposit refunds.
- Reviewing Credit/Accounts Receivable operation and recommending/implementing improvements
- Manage all account queries and disputes with all relevant departments to ensure that all credit payments are covered
- Manage Accounts Receivable and ensure all debtors accounts are reconciled regularly
- Daily review of Accounts Receivable ledger and monitor incoming payment
- Responsible for reviewing ageing and maintenance of Debtors ledger with regular review of the aged accounts
- Responsible for compiling all group billing.
- Manage and review Guest Ledger High Balance report daily ensuring check-in / check-out procedures are followed
- Ensure the timely, accurate and proper posting of all charges and credits to the various accounts
- Follow up on all overdue accounts and send to debt collectors, as required.
- Monitor credit limits of all outstanding accounts
- Plan and manage all hotel cost concern.
- Organize the cost controlling system.
- Organize the asset controlling system.
- Manage F&B cost function.
- Track record of all cost issues.
- Coordinate with all departments for inventory.
- Develop cost report for Accountant & Financial Controller.
- Support cost information for all concern departments upon request.
- Verification of Revenue for Food and Beverage with F&B check with regards to price, stock sheet, inventory and other departments
- Ensuring continuous reports with regards to Sale Analysis, Revenue to F&B, Kitchen whenever they required
- Periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the credit worthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
Qualities and Skills Required:
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Hardworking, honest with strong organisational skills
- Strong intuition and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good business judgment
- A good head for numbers
- Ability to compile facts and figures
- Good team management skills
- Sound decision making
Professional / Educational Requirements:
- B.Sc Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent certification
- Proficiency and experience with PMS like Opera, Room master, Sun Finance, Oracle Finance, SAP etc.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role or supervisory experience in Credit and Collections, preferably in a high volume hospitality environment.
- Masters in Business Administration or Finance
- Relevant certifications will be highly advantageous
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in the use of
- Numerous Accounting Software
- MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power Point
- Networking and social skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Credit and Cost controller FCT” as subject of the mail. Failure to use code as subject of the mail automatically disqualifies candidate
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 10th of January 2018