Standard Bank is the largest bank in Africa and our highly visible brand, award-winning service, and strong global presence helps us maintain our market-leading position. We place huge value on the talent of our people to drive our continued success, and to support our plans for growth. We now need a talented and resourceful Team Leader Customer Service to help us fulfil our business objectives and build customer loyalty.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Leader, Customer Service – Sapon Branch
Job ID: 29548
Job Sector: Banking
- Lead and supervise the Enquiries, Service Consultants and Frontline Support teams in order to meet and exceed customer service expectations in the Service zone.
- Where necessary direct customers to the correct department and/or migrate to more appropriate channels. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Ensure that subordinates provide customers with appropriate information and services.
- Ensure that subordinates provide customers with exceptional service in the Service Express zone.
- In cases that have been escalated, refer customers to the correct department or migrate to a more appropriate, cost-effective channel, e.g. self-service banking.
- Initiate steps to resolve issues/problems affecting customer service timeously, where issues are referred by subordinates or identified by the incumbent.
- Ensure identification of opportunities to cross-sell products and services and pass leads to the relevant sales departments.
- Ensure correct scheduling of staff to meet customer demands by using Branch Scheduling Tool (BST)
- Ensure workload fit is achieved
- For complaints that have been referred to the incumbent by subordinates, listen to, empathise with and pacify irate customers by swiftly resolving their problems/complaints or when this is not possible referring queries/complaints to the appropriate area and follow up on referrals to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Lead the Service Express zone team in the provision of excellent service, providing guidance and coaching where necessary.
- Monitor service levels provided and initiate appropriate steps to address any concerns or below standard service.
- Identify and address staff training and development issues.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with Financial Advisory and Intermediary Service Act licence categories.
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Ensure proper record keeping in terms of Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act as well as the Financial Intelligence Centre Act and National Credit Act requirements.
Key performance measures:
- Prompt and efficient service, indicated by number of customer complaints in respect of service provided.
- Compliance with procedures.
- Accurate documentation.
- Positive findings of Internal Audit and compliance reports.
- Achievement of Sales Budgets that have been set for staff in the Express Service zone.
- An effective and motivated team – subordinate feedback.
- Queuing times within agreed standards.
- Turn-around times adhered to.
- Build and maintain successful relationships with new and existing customers
- Build and maintain good working relationships with frontline and sales staff, other team leaders and management within the branch and in other business units in order to ensure smooth resolution of customer queries and referrals.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree holder from a recognized University( 2.2 minimum).
- 2 to 3 years branch banking experience, which includes exposure to customer service areas.
- 1 to 2 years experience leading a team would be an advantage.
- Financial Services related qualifications and experience as determined by the “Fit and Proper Requirements” of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act.
- Sound knowledge of laid down procedures and policies.
- Understanding of the products offered by other Standard Bank Group Companies.
- Knowledge of the functions of the different job roles in the branch.
- Understanding of service and sales initiatives
- Knowledge of the functions and activities of other departments and support entities.
- Knowledge of how to motivate, coach, develop and lead a team.
- Excellent knowledge of Self-Service Banking (ATM’s, Internet, Telephone and Cell Phone Banking).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Customer Service principles and how to apply them.
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking products and services offered, and the systems and procedures underpinning them.
Problem solving, planning and decision making:
- Deal with a wide range of queries from customers taking into account the customers requirements as well as the bank’s operational limitations.
- Problems tend to be operational issues that do not have set solutions and have been referred by either the Service Consultant or the Express Enquiries Officers, they typically require substantial work experience and knowledge to find the correct solution.
- In the case of complaints or difficult situations that are not clear-cut, incumbent recommends appropriate action to management, taking the individual customer history and circumstances into account.
- Works within laid down policy, procedures, system parameters and internal controls.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Clcik here to apply
Application Deadline 1st February, 2018.