Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Team Supervisor – Flying
Locations: Ngala, Rann, and Banki, Borno
- Plan, organize, and evaluate and supervise the SMC activities concerning his/her field of action and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and guidelines, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care .
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to his/her speciality, i.e. perform as a nurse and/or midwife, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources.
- Implement all the guidelines and SOPs regarding SMC, and supervise his/her team to follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team, evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for re- training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management used during the SMC activities, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative, information and data collection tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day SMC activity in each project, output/outcome and support decision-taking. Give feedback/reports to medical focal point.
- Supervise additional activities like mass immunization.
- Speciality (nurse and or nurse/midwife) diploma essential.
- Essential 2 years of previous experience. Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s is desirable.
- Experience in SMC or vaccination is an asset.
- Flexibility, dynamic, good team leader and trainer, available to work in precarious context and settings.
- Speaking Kanuri and Hausa is an asset.
Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks;
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment.
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards;
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager’s supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor’s instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices;
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards;
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person’s task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities;
- Essential Secondary Education and formal Technical Training
- Flexible, dynamic, good team leader and trainer, available to work in precarious context and settings.
- Speaking Kanuri and Hausa is an asset
- At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF
- Essential computer literacy
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (containing the below documents and information) to: [email protected] using “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
Application Deadline 31st May, 2018.