GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of In Country Shared Services
Requisition ID: WD173187
Position: Full time
Functional area: Finance
Relocation: Not Indicated
- Support the commercial risk management process by identifying and reviewing potential finance risk exposures and making recommendations to minimise cost or damage should a loss occur.
- Interface with GMS finance team to achieve financial and management reporting
- To plan, direct and coordinate finance services functions of GSK entities covering treasury management, inventory management, account receivables, accounts payable, fixed assets management, payroll and financial reporting.
- To ensure adequate financial and management controls are in place to support the GSK entities in Nigeria.
- Support the commercial ambition of the business via cross functional engagement to drive business growth, profitability and create value for stakeholders
- Manage regulatory agencies – FIRS, SIRS, SEC, NSE and other affiliate agencies
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
Financial Reporting & Compliance:
- Development of policies and SOPs to support proper running of the business and safeguard assets of the companies
- Proper accounting and management of the fixed assets of the GSK entities to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Ensure adequacy and correctness of management responses to management control reports issued by external auditors from time to time
- Proper over bank reconciliations and governance
- Review of financial statement and disclosures.
- To develop, short, medium and long term strategic plans for financial reporting and drive compliance to achieve
- Provision of accurate and complete monthly financial statements and other management reports in line with GSK defined guidelines and stipulations of IFRS
- Support the production of the quarterly financial statements for presentation to the Board of Directors and publication in line with guidelines of SEC, NSE and Financial Reporting Council Nigeria
- Conduct periodic audits
- Provision of advisory services to the business on matters of corporate governance, corporate financial reporting and disclosure requirements
- Effective management of tax compliance with the laws of the federation Nigeria governing tax administration and payments
- Manage working capital to support business growth and expansion objectives as may be set from time to time.
- To ensure good governance and compliance with financial treasury requirement of the group
- To ensure the banking relationship are maintained and well managed
- Explore opportunities to invest surplus cash and obtain cash requirements at lowest cost possible.
Inventory & Fixed Asset Management:
- Management SB14 reporting
- Stock taking and reporting
- Ensure compliance with policies and improve the control environment on a continuous basis
- Drive compliance with credit control policy and reduce incidence of bad debt and expensive debt administration costs
- Ensure internal check of payroll input is adequate to guarantee completeness and data integrity
- Ensure sales are recorded correctly
- Ensure timely payment of vendor and intercompany obligations.
- Develop integrity of payment process to ensure error proof payment system is in place.
- Manage and create team motivation
- Identifying development needs during performance reviews
- Recruitment of right mix of staff
- Constructive feedback to enhance performance
- Coaching and mentoring as required
- Finance risk identification, assessment, & evaluation.
- Tracking & reporting of identified risk in line with Group policies management recommendations and
- Effective management of insurance portfolio of GSK entities and relationships with Insurance brokers
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organisation.
- Responsibilities cover coordination of all financial transactional activities and other departments (Marketing, Distribution, Sales, Administration, Production, IT) within GSK entities in Nigeria
- Manage strategic alliances between GSK Nigeria and its suppliers of goods and services, local regulatory agencies and other GSK sites
- Qualified Accountant
- Required degree: Bachelors.
- Proactive , self motivated and capable of working in a complex and challenging environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to create commercial analyses and translate findings into strategic recommendations.
- FMCG commercial awareness
- 7-10 years’ experience in Finance or accounting-related function
- Membership of professional bodies, ACA, ACCA, CITN
- Strong ERP exposure
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply