BSS Vocational & Skill Acquisition Center accredited by Federal Ministry of Works & Labour as Trade Test Center, urgently requires an experienced Full Time candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Leather Work (Shoe/Bag & Belt Making) Instructor
- BSS Vocational & Skill Acquisition center accredited by Federal Ministry of Works & Labour as Trade Test Center, urgently requires an experienced Full Time Instructor to work in our Vocational & Skill Acquisition center.
- Teach Students how to attach insoles to shoe lasts, affix shoe uppers, and apply heels and outsoles.
- Teach Students how to Construct, decorate, or repair leather products according to specifications, using sewing machines, needles and thread, leather lacing, glue, clamps, hand tools, and/or rivets.
- Teach Students how to repair or replace soles, heels, and other parts of footwear, using sewing, buffing and other shoe repair machines, materials, and equipment.
- Teach Students how to Re-sew seams, and replace handles and linings of suitcases or handbags.
- Teach Students how to check the texture, color, and strength of leather to ensure that it is adequate for a particular purpose.
- Teach Students how to dress and otherwise finish boots or shoes, as by trimming the edges of new soles and heels to the shoe shape.
- Teach Students how to make, modify, and repair orthopedic or therapeutic footwear according to doctors’ prescriptions, or modify existing footwear for people with foot problems and special needs.
- Teach Students how to Drill or punch holes; then insert or attach metal rings, handles, and fastening hardware such as buckles.
- Teach Students how to Dye, soak, polish, paint, stamp, stitch, stain, buff, or engrave leather or other materials to obtain desired effects, decorations, or shapes.
- Teach Students how to repair and recondition leather products such as trunks, luggage, shoes, saddles, belts, purses, and baseball gloves.
- Candidates must possess a Technical College Education with Trade Test and certificate from National Business & Technical Examination Board (NABTEB).
- Must have worked in the Shoe/Bag & Belt design department in a reputable Technical School
- Must have an in depth understanding of the subject Shoe/Bag & Belt design including recent developments in Shoe/Bag & Belt design.
- Must be honest, God fearing and diligent at work
- Experience and success in developing new approaches to learning and teaching methods.
- Must have a proven track record of contributing to the overall success of own and wider academic departments.
- Excellent communication skills with experience of developing networks and contributing to the development of better working practices.
- Must have at least 2 – 5 Years of post-qualification experience in teaching, research and academic administration
- The candidate must reside in Lagos.
- Experience of teaching effectively and providing a stimulating environment for learning and teaching to motivate, inspire and challenge Students.
- Ability to design, deliver, assess and revise teaching programmes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and the ability to build relations and to work collaboratively.
- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Up to date with current and emerging Shoe/Bag & Belt industry practice, and willingness to learn the latest innovative teaching method
- Dynamic and enthusiastic, with an interest to nurture students and to help them achieve their potential in Shoe/Bag & Belt making skills and creative design
- Have the ability to adapt to a multicultural setting and to handle students of different nationalities
- Must possess strong skills in draping, basic/creative pattern drafting and Shoe/Bag & Belt construction particularly in relation to elements of pattern making
- Have a very sound knowledge in design principles, fabric properties and textiles manipulation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications to:
Human Resource Manager,
BSS Vocational & Skill Acquisition Center,
60, Cole Street, Off Anjorin Street,
5, Mercy Eneli Street,
Off Adelabu Street,
Note: Only qualified and knowledgeable candidates on this field should apply
Application Deadline 31st January, 2019.