GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchase to Pay Accountant- Consumer
Requisition ID: WD194976
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Job type: Full time
Functional area: Finance
- Timely processing of suppliers’ invoices to ensure prompt generation of payment and monthly reconciliation of suppliers’ accounts
- Role will support GSK Nigeria entities; Cx and Gms
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Monthly Balance sheet reporting exercise through timely preparation of schedules.
- Supporting the Payable Manager in ensuring weekly generation of payment.
- Providing payments details to suppliers on paid invoices.
- Processing of suppliers’ invoices for payment as at when due.
- Ensuring invoices are properly recorded in the ERP (JDE) and timely processed.
- Liaising with GMS Procurement and Warehouse on Goods Inward Notes relating to raw materials and Packaging to facilitate prompt payment of customers or suppliers.
- Customer services to suppliers involving giving them the update of their accounts with GSK and particularly reconciling accounts.
- Monthly Reconciliation of suppliers Accounts
- Ensuring prompt settlement of all statutory liablities; WHT, PAYE, VAT ,Pension etc
- Periodic Circularization of statement of account to major suppliers.
- Support the development of a robust internal control framework through;
- Participation in Management Monitoring reviews,
- Prompt response to and closure of identified CAPA’s in areas under own responsibility
- Delivering records management compliance for unit and records under custody
- Any other assignment from time to time.
- Bcom or Honors in Accounting.
- Minimum of three years relevant previous experience in payables.
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Exposure to JDE concerning payables or other relevant accounting package…
- Understanding of SAS and IFRS an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Always eager to accept responsibilities.
- A team player and value creator.
- Customer focus and sense of urgency.
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply