Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager – CAPEX & MRO
Ref Id: JR1020470
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Worker Type: Regular
- Guinness Nigeria Plc (GNPLC) is the first and only total beverage alcohol (TBA) business in Nigeria offering the widest range of drinks – from adult premium non-alcoholic drinks (APNADS) to lager, stout, mainstream spirits and International Premium Spirits (IPS). It operates from two sites, Ogba (Lagos) and Benin city and is headquartered in Lagos.
- Growth in the Nigerian economy is expected to continue at mid to high single digit in a competitive environment.
Purpose of Role
- To deliver maximum benefit for GNPLC within Capital Expenditure & Maintenance, Repairs & Operations. categories of spend, through design and implementation of innovative and forward thinking category strategies, whilst maintaining rigorous standards of risk management, ethics and compliance to all key Diageo policies at all times
- Own the Strategic Management of all Capex & MRO spend categories, managing them to deliver maximum business alignment, value and quality for GNPLC.
- Align Global strategies with local market needs and translate into local implementation plans signed off by key local stakeholders.
- Own and drive delivery of the strategies within the markets through implementation of key projects, whether sourcing, supplier on boarding etc.
- Accountable for carrying out all GNPLC sourcing activities within all Capex & MRO categories ensuring they remain in line with the strategy and policy, and are compliant at all times
- Plan & deliver all sourcing activities required for the financial year ensuring all sourcing events are fully aligned with the Diageo Category Management process.
- Identify areas of spend within the Capex & MRO Categories which can be managed more efficiently and manage projects to implement changes
- Provide in depth and up to date market and business research, analysis and understanding as inputs into the development of Category Strategies, both globally and locally led.
- Lead the development and implementation of world class strategies for locally managed Capex & MRO categories.
- Ensure robust contracts are implemented in line with the Procurement Policy and that contracts include stretching KPI’s. Work with the Supplier Performance Analyst (Capex & MRO) to ensure KPI’s are collected in an appropriate manner and that performance management of suppliers is appropriate and driving value.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University Degree in Financial, Quantitative or Commercially biased discipline, with proven relevant 5+ years post-qualification experience, including functional financial performance management within a forward thinking, fast paced and value-adding blue-chip FMCG environment.
- Analytical, numerate, enthusiastic, tenacious. Sound financial-fundamentals awareness and the ability to contribute to the wider business process outside immediate functional responsibilities.
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to prepare clear and professional presentations or reports for utilisation at senior levels within Guinness Nigeria, Diageo and our supply base.
- Able to deal with ambiguity, and manage multiple relationships in a matrix environment, with an ability to take criticism and learn from feedback.
- Professional Procurement qualification desirable (CIPS/SPSM/MBA) and capable of rapidly developing full understanding of world-class Procurement systems and practices, including all Diageo category management processes and associated tools.
- Strong commercial acumen, with excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills, both verbal and written, with ability to readily engage and influence a range of colleagues and senior stakeholders.
- Strong lT skills base, including mastery in Excel and advanced proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Ability to anticipate and plan effectively, monitoring and measuring progress in a timely fashion.
- Inter-cultural sensitivity and ability to ‘flex’ approach to meet the needs of a diverse community.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply