University of Lagos Consultancy Services (UNILAG CONSULT) was established in 1983 and fully incorporated as a Limited Liability Company by the University of Lagos at Akoka.
Our services are in the areas of Management, Energy, Information, Communication Technology, Human Resources, Research/Social Surveys, Test & Assessment Solution, Engineering, Environmental, Human Capacity Development and Laboratory Services. Our clients and areas of reach are in all states of the Federation, Corporates bodies and Multinationals.
We hereby requests applications from suitably qualified candidates for the undermentioned position:
Job Title: Auditor
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Auditor will be primarily responsible for:
- Securing financial and other information by regular back-ups
- Training and mentoring of junior audit staff.
- Making recommendations to the Managing Director based on timely review process and procedures.
- Carrying out any other work as assigned by the Managing Director.
- System auditing and investigation
- Monitoring and review of controls.
- Verifying all transactions regarding assets, liability, revenue and expenses of the company.
- Performing physical verification of assets both within and outside the company premises.
- Ensuring proper labelling of assets for proper monitoring.
- Enforcing and monitoring compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of assets register and account payable and receivable records for audit purposes.
- Avoiding legal challenges by complying with legal requirements, including statutory obligations, withholding, corporate tax. VAT and PAYE.
Qualifications and Experience
- Good knowledge of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) is required.
- Membership of ICAN or any other recognised accounting body is required.
- Not more than 40 years of age.
- First degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognised institution with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower division plus NYSC discharge certificate or evidence of exemption.
- Minimum of Three (3) years post-NYSC experience in any industry, experience in audit practice will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a Letter of Application, with 12 copies of your CV, to:
University of Lagos,
P.M.B. 1031, Akoka,
Email a copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 28th February, 2019.