Baker Hughes, a GE Company (BHGE) is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with over 65,000 employees in more than 120 countries supporting customers across the industry – from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s The Way We Work.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Localization Leader, BHGE Sub-Saharan Africa
Job ID: 3235058
Job Function: Project Management
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Global Operations
- In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a localization framework and providing organizational support to ensure 100% localization / local content compliance across operating countries in the region.
- You will also be a one-stop shop for all localization enquiries revolving around exceptions and ensure processes are complied with. You will also be the internal auditor for all localization / local content compliance cases.
- Formulate under direction of Region Leader, and in partnership with Country Leader, the localization plan and implementation for BHGE Sub-Saharan Africa
- Liaise with all BHGE stakeholders to prepare and monitor multiple country-specific local content plans in compliance with local laws for all the proposals submitted by BHGE SSA entities
- Liaise with the all the involved functions – Legal, HR, Sourcing and Finance – in ensuring compliance with the provisions of localization content laws or requirements in operating countries
- Lead support for Sales/Commercial/Project teams with all aspects of local/national content requirements for all tenders and contracts
- Provide strategic direction and support to build relationships with key government agencies or any agency as required.
- Provide day to day support in collation and interpretation of local data related to the Industry that would be required to implement any strategies and plans as deemed fit. Must stay abreast and updated on trends within the industry focused on the development of local content policies.
- A relevant university degree.
- Must have experience in actively interfacing with government regulatory agencies
- Must be familiar with proposals preparation and/or project management
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant field is an added advantage
- A sound working knowledge of the Local Content Laws in region
- In-depth understanding of the Oil and Gas legal regime
- A Minimum of 5 years’ relevant regional Content Law experience in the oil and gas industry
- Ability to demonstrate effective and efficient management of processes and personnel
- Ability to adapt to changing deadlines and achieve project goals/milestones
- Ability to manage & maintain budget and schedule requirements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply