Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Wireline Field Operator
Job Number: 1907570
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job: Field Operations
- Baker Hughes, a GE Company has an exciting opportunity for a Field Operator to join our team in Nigeria
- Participates actively in quality improvement efforts with respect to ballistics operations.
- Promotes and maintains good customer relations.
- Carries out all required responsibilities safely as described in Managing Base Operations, Managing Well Operations and Managing Equipment and Logistics manuals. Performs other related duties as required.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Under direct supervision receives and follows specific detailed instructions.
- Learns how to perform basic operator duties in either accused or open hole environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to safely drive the logging units and be physically able to handle harsh environmental conditions and heavy physical labor.
- Maintains wellsite records and communications as required by District Manager. Must have knowledge of and ensure compliance with all Federal, Country, State,
- Local and WLE regulations applicable to WLE explosives operations.
- Drives company vehicles in a safe manner, observing all Company and government regulations and arrive at well site or other designated destination at scheduled time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Entry level.
- Product line training required.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work well and communicate well with others.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills. Basic knowledge of basic oil and gas industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Note: Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more.