Baker Hughes, a GE Company (BHGE) is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with over 65,000 employees in more than 120 countries supporting customers across the industry – from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s the way we work.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job ID: 3261139
Location: Onne, Rivers
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
- The Engineering Manager – SSA Region is responsible for leading the Service Engineering department in the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) region
- The Engineering Manager is responsible for the execution of the regional service operations and growth plan as well as HSE excellence
- Integrates and develops processes that meet business needs across the organization.This position reports functionally to the Global Engineering Manager of Subsea Services.
- Considered to be a business partner and is involved in long-term planning
- This role contributes to the overall strategy and manages complex issues within functional areas of expertise
- This position reports functionally to the Global Engineering Manager for Subsea Services and operationally to the SSA Regional Subsea Services Leader
- Identify and implement key synergies to improve overall efficiency and execution
- Liaise with customers either on or off site across the region as necessary to drive work into the company
- Ability to offer solution based technical offerings for the Subsea product line (Trees, CWOR, Landing Strings, etc.)
- Execute operation commitments and ensure on-time delivery
- Provide support to Bid Management to ensure executable bids are proposed
- Overall recruitment, resource and capacity management and planning for the department
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI) management and monitoring
- Management for all direct reporting positions
- Superior responsibility for all engineering activities for the Services business in the SSA Region
- Provide engineering leadership with clear technical accountability
- Provide operational and strategic leadership to balance between short and long-term deliveries in line with budget and strategic commitments
- Training and capacity development for the region’s engineering function
- Oversee design processes and quality within the department
- Develop and improve the department’s business processes
- Drive Services Engineering team competence development
- Ensure effective communication within the department including stakeholders in the SSA Region and overall Services Organisation, Customer and Global Engineering Organisations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited University.
- Extensive experience in the Oil and gas industry
- Extensive knowledge of Subsea equipment
- Highly experienced in managing people, motivating others and achieving results.
- Ability to effectively manage teams in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of products required to deliver services solutions
- Strong presentation skills
- Customer focused in defining quality and establishing priorities
- Flexibility to travel within SSA
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply