Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) – Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) Assistant
Location: Monguno, Borno
Level: E1-1 (national contract)
Start date: ASAP
Contract length: 3 months, with possibility of extension base on availability of Fund
About the Job
- Under the supervision of the Accountability officer, the Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) Assistance is responsible for managing, recording, sharing, following up and consolidating complaints / feedback about ACTED’s interventions, and ensuring community feedback is fed back into the project cycle management.
- S/he also is responsible of supporting the AME officer with the data processing for the monitoring activities in the camp.
- Establish and ensure effective functioning of the Beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism, enhance the trust and confidence of beneficiaries, identify areas of our work which need to be improved and ensure that ACTED learns from the feedback provided through this process.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities for the role include:
- Supporting the accountability officer for managing, recording, sharing, following up and consolidating complaints / feedback about ACTED’s staff and interventions, and ensuring community feedback is fed back into the project cycle management.
- Working closely with field program teams.
- Set-up help deck to record complaints/feedback when feasible at transaction area of scope beneficiaries and vendors.
- Providing useful and constructive information to target communities about ACTED’s programmes.
- Supporting in managing the main refugee complaint’s hotline and actively seeking out complaints and feedback within the community.
- Attending the district meetings when the accountability officer is no available and reporting main issues to the AME management.
- Creating an environment of constructive dialogue between ACTED and target communities
- Supporting the accountability officer to Ensure that the programme teams have the correct information about the correct purpose, role, scope and mandate of the Accountability team
- Supporting the accountability officer to Ensure that information about ACTED’s accountability mechanisms and approaches are available to target communities, notably through the development of visibility leaflets, community orientation sessions, etc.
- Providing monthly analytical reports and recommendations to the Accountability officer to discuss with programme teams / coordination on the basis of complaints and feedback received from target communities.
- Ensuring that urgent and sensitive complaints are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Actively seeking out effective dialogue via different platforms (both group and individual) to ensure that refugees feel safe and confident to express concerns, complaints and feedback to an independent and unbiased ACTED member of staff.
- Ensure that all received complaints are registered and recorded in the complaint registration database according to the provided guidelines.
- Ensure that all complaints are managed and, if needed, forwarded to relevant Programme Managers or Coordination as per described instruction (decision tree) included in the complaint mechanism manual.
- Ensure that all the complaints are followed up closely with relevant department and coordination in order to resolve them within 2 working weeks (14 days).
- Ensure the confidentiality of complaints data is respected, and this information is not shared with any irrelevant staff members or external person / organization.
- Clean and update the database along with emerging needs with the consultation of the International Manager.
- Compile all complaints received during the week and send a weekly report to both Coordination and the International AME Manager
- Compile monthly narrative report for sharing of key issues and findings with Country Director.
- Periodically review the wider complaints mechanisms and processes followed by Programme teams to ensure that their systems of handling complaints are effective, efficient and transparent.
- As required by either Coordination or AME Management, carry out ad hoc investigations into complaints received.
- Maintain relationships with peers from other agencies to ensure the effective use of referrals both into and out from ACTED
Data management :
- The CRM assistant is also responsible of data management within the AME department. S/he will be responsible of:
- Assist with data collection activities and ensure that data collection teams are organized and resourced as needed, and that they deliver as per field mission plans and according to data quality standards;
- Assist in the analysis of AME data and help produce reports, factsheets with useful statistical analysis and presentation (charts, tables, histograms, box plots) as necessary in a timely manner;
- Support the AME officer in providing data to the Project Development Team for use in preparation of reports to donors and other stakeholders, as required;
The CRM Assistant will be appraised on his/her demonstration of the qualities and competencies listed below as well as from carrying out of the duties mentioned previously:
- Diplomacy is required for all interactions; this includes following the chain of command and never circumventing the program and the AME Management’s authority in terms of advising, reporting and the like.
- Impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality are imperative; without prior authorization complaint’s reports, and databases should not be shared.
- Reports must be complete and meticulous.
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative and organize work independently.
- Understanding the nature of work carried out by programs is necessary for ensuring the relevance and usability of the reports produced. Therefore a proactive and self-motivated attitude towards gaining a good understanding of ACTED programs is essential. In addition some prior knowledge of project specifics practices is desirable.
- Willingness to learn and capacity to innovate; the CRM assistant must be inventive and eager to improve his/her own skills, and be capable to adapt, shape and develop tools best suited for ACTED’s activities;
- Competencies in all computer related tasks including Word, Excel is strongly desirable.
- Ability to travel to the field for data collection, cross checking the data and provide training to field staff;
- Proficiency in the local languages is essential.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English is required.
- Good organizational and communication skills with international and national staff and rural communities are essential.
- Good knowledge with excel and data cleaning, analysis and making graphs.
- Prefer to have knowledge on ODK.
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
About the Job
- Under the supervision of the Nutrition Officer, the Nutrition Assistant is responsible for implementation of all nutrition programs in the target communities in Kukawa LGA, including following up with cases and helping establish mother-to-mother support groups.
- This position will ensure that Acted nutrition interventions are in line with the Nutrition Cluster strategy and will be an active member of the Nutrition Cluster.
The Nutrition Assistant will be responsible for:
- Under the overall guidance and supervision of the nutrition officer, the nutrition Assistant will provide technical assistance to field staff regarding Nutrition.
- Facilitate community mobilization, sensitization meetings and trainings during community led nutrition activities.
- Work closely within community structures to follow up on implementation of Infant Young Child Feeding (IYCF) activities with support from the nutrition officer.
- Participate in screening of children less than five years, referral and follow up of malnourished beneficiaries at community level.
- Ensure timely submission of weekly reports, monthly reports and MUAC screening data & reports to nutrition officers for compilation.
- Ensure quality cooking food demonstration sessions are conducted in Project supported Communities.
- Support quality data collection of activities conducted in the communities.
- S/He will be responsible for planning and reporting of training activities to immediate supervisor.
- S/He will establish linkages with other organizations working in the sector and represent Acted in all local level nutrition working group meetings and other relevant activities such as assessments, training, monitoring, etc.
- S/He will have to deliver simple messages for the prevention of malnutrition and attainment of good health and nutritional status.
- S/he will participate in the GFD activities, support distribution and registration when needed.
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Nutrition or other relevant discipline
- Experience in the Nutrition and social approach IYCF a plus.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant working experience.
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English.
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good understanding of complex emergencies and crisis contexts
- Demonstrated skills in management, teamwork, negotiation and consensus building
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathize with all beneficiaries and their care givers.
- Familiarity with key health and education messages (IEC materials) for community awareness and sensitization session and be able to fill the recording formats and reporting.
- Previous working experience with humanitarian agencies
- Experience working with displaced populations
- Experience hiring and managing casual laborers
- Experience conducting focus group discussions, or the ability to learn rapidly
- Contract length: 3Months
- Level: E1-1 (national contract)
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable.
Job Title: Community Liaison Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
Contract length: 3 Months
Level: D2-1 (national contract)
Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
About the Job
- In light of the displacement in the north-eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for Community liaison Officer to support its mission in Monguno, Borno state
- The Community Liaison Officers will be responsible for providing legal awareness to target populations on the Process of Food Distribution as well assisting the management. In addition, this individual will be responsible for assisting the Food Distribution team in Monguno to organize Food Distribution and to conduct beneficiary intake and Food Concern referrals.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Liaise with communities, traditional leaders, local authorities, religious leaders, NGOs, INGOs and other relevant stakeholders to gather information that will support ACTED operational planning using interviews, one on one meetings and other participatory approaches.
- Promote community-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow for the acceptance strategy in program deliver.
- Act as a continuing source of information, referral and support and provide effective communication on social maters within Monguno and to ACTED and provide advice.
- Assist in facilitating information assistance sessions on issues including Food right.
- Contribute and support effective monitoring, evaluation and learning processes and initiatives, ensure effective data and information management and contribute to regular reporting on Food Distribution activities.
- Assist in the development and roll out of a livelihood referral in-take form to assess beneficiary profile, needs, and employment eligibility;
- Provide one-on-one support to community center beneficiaries to identify appropriate referral pathway.
- Create and maintain on going relation and communication with formal and unformal authorities.
- Support the distribution team with communication and mobilization campaign.
- Support the beneficiaries’ identification and registration campaign(s).
- Create and maintain relation and communication with representatives of the beneficiaries.
- Any other occasionally task required for the implementation of ACTED’s programs
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- High level of confidentiality, integrity, Professionalism, Mature, culturally sensitive, flexible, team player and interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationship with a range of people
- Experience of working under high pressure and ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Excellent written and spoken Kanuri, Hausa and English essential.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Essential computer literacy (outlook, excel, power point and word)
- Previously experience with community Liaison duties.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian displacement context.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th April, 2019.
- Only motivated applicants who are able to perform the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidate. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.