One Precious Life (OPL) Academy – Our client, a building construction firm based in Lagos looking to hire a candidate to join their team in the position below:
Job Title: Site Supervisor
Report to: The Site Engineer
Description of the Role
- A Site Supervisor is the superintendent at construction sites, who manages the various tradesmen on the job.
- He or she serves as a go-between workers and managers and is the main point of contact for job-site operations.
- Ensures subcontractors correct all deficiencies identified by the project team.
- Ensures that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner
- Ensures safe working conditions and compliance with all safe operating procedures specific to the industry
- Involved in managing the subcontractors (bricklayers, iron benders, plumbers, tilers, carpenters, welders, laborers, painters, etc.) working on site
- Assigns duties and is responsible for monitoring the progress of a building project and keeping it on track
- Ensures that subcontractors are fully executing and complying with their contracted scope of work
- Ensures workers are qualified and knowledgeable about their roles
- Identifies conflicts in construction progress and communicates them to the project team for resolution
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Must be able to take and transfer levels using a levelling instrument
- Must be able to read building drawings
- Good communication, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Time management and team-building skills
- Trade Certificate or OND degree holder
- Minimum of five years of verifiable professional experience
- Strong professional background in masonry or carpentry
- Good knowledge of other trades including masonry, carpentry, plumbing, electricals, painting, welding, tiling and iron bending
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th April, 2019.