The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: AUN HC Resident Physician
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: AUN Health Center
Summary of Position
- The AUN HC Resident Physician is charged with the responsibility of providing medical care services at the AUN HC and shall also work in collaboration with other departments/units of the University to ensure the Health & Wellness of students and all other members of the AUN Community.
Requirements for the Position
- Attention to detail.
- Capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency.
- Ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, creates/implements actions plans and monitor progress towards goals.
- Ability to make clear and timely decisions.
- A degree in medicine from an accredited school and license to practice in Nigeria.
- Minimum five (5) years of direct work experience
- Work effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Knowledge and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
- Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 24th May, 2019.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- This position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.