The Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa State, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Director of Physical Planning/Works & Services
Location: Otuoke, Bayelsa
- The Director of Physical Planning/Works and Services is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the physical development of the University;
- He is responsible for the coordination and supervision of physical development projects; ensures quality and standard of structures in the University through proper advice and liaison with relevant bodies involved in the construction of all structures of the university arid ensures proper preparation of tender documents for the University.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidate for this position must:
- Not be below the rank of Deputy Director;
- Also be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications; and
- Not be more than sixty (60) years on assumption of duty.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University in Civil Engineering, Architecture Building Technology or any other related discipline and possession of a Master’s Degree in any relevant discipline will be of added advantage;
- Must have fifteen (15) years cognate experience, in a University system, or another relevant institution;
- Have attained the rank of a Deputy Director or its equivalent in a University system or similar institution;
- Be a registered and current member of a relevant professional body such as ARCON, COREN, QSRBN, CORBON, etc.;
- The Director must be a person of high integrity and be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University;
- Must be receptive to new ideas and willing to translate them into new projects in line with the phase development plans of the University.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The salary and conditions of service of the University Director of Physical Planning and Development shall be as obtainable in Federal Universities and as determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit fifteen type-written copies of their Application Letters and Curricular Vitae. The application must include academic and professional qualifications, Birth Certificate or Statutory Declaration of Age, list of publications, where applicable, verifiable evidence of work experience and Curricula Vitae that includes the following information:
- Full Name
- Post Desired
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail Address
- Telephone Number
- Marital Status
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Work Experience, General and Specific Experiences (with dates)
- Extra-Curricular Activities.
The application should be enclosed in an envelope and addressed and sent to:
The Vice Chancellor,
Federal University, Otuoke,
Application Deadline 9th August, 2019.
- The post applied for must be dearly written at the top right hand corner of the envelope.
- Candidates should request their referees to send, under confidential cover, their independent reports to the Vice-Chancellor with full details of the applicant and the post applied for not later than the closing date of this advertisement
- The reference letter should be marked CONFIDENTIAL on the right hand corner of the envelope.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be invited for interview.