Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reporting and Communication Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Beginning of Contract: ASAP
Contract Duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation Period: 1 months
- Under the supervision of the Grant Manager, the Reporting and Communication Officer (RCO) contributes to produce and synthesize high quality reports, proposals, assessment reports and any documents distributed externally
- The RCO will also support the mission in ensuring compliance with donor regulations towards strengthening accountability to donors and in developing and implementing the mission’s communication strategy.
Writing, Quality and Design:
- Submits interim and final reports to donor at field level (only if submission via platform i.e. GMS), shares submitted version with HQ Desk for record and archives reports at mission level, if the Grant Manager asks for that
- Work with the Grant Manager in order to improve local team capacity in terms of reporting
- Support in the coordination of editing narrative reports and proposals, under the supervision of the Grants Manager;
- Ensure that reports and proposals are of high quality and in line with donor guidelines;
- Ensure that reports and proposals are produced and submitted in time and according to donor deadlines
- Responsible for launching of interim and final report writing phase
- Oversees compilation of interim and final reports including corresponding annexes, ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely documents meeting donor and SI requirements
- Ensures the global interim and final report pack and minimum control point checklist is complete and submitted to the Grant Manager for review and validation
- Establish a clear reporting and proposal writing plan for every ongoing project or potential project in coordination with the coordinators, the field management teams and with the desk
- Share with the Grant Manager the monthly reporting plan and ensure it is followed up.
Internal and External Compliance:
- Monitors and disseminates reporting, proposal deadlines to all relevant staff and ensures quality information management related to grants by overseeing, in coordination with the Grant Manager, the regular maintenance of reporting follow-up tool.
- Launch project evaluation phase (linked to the RFU).
- Ensure that reports, proposals and concept notes are properly archived;
- Responsible for audit report archiving.
- Undertakes continuous archiving of grant/project documents at mission level.
- Ensure that correspondence with donors is properly archived;
- Participate in the centralization and distribution of procedures, guides and tools linked to the activities.
- Coordinate the flow of information to HQ for SI’s website and regularly produce short articles about the mission for publication on the website and in SI’s publications;
- Participate in building the capacities of the Field Team with respect to communication.
- Upon request, drafts communication material for the mission
- Participate in the Communication strategy development in accordance with SI’s policies and priorities for Nigeria mission;
- Support the Grants Manager in designing and implementing communication activities;
- Support the Grant Manager in the organization of communication events (such as Press visits, etc …)
- Support the Grant Manager in the elaboration of the monthly Newsletter
- Liaise with HQ to ensure that the communications department is regularly supplied with up-to-date information on SI’s activities in Nigeria mission;
- Under the supervision of the Grants Manager, closely cooperate with NGO partners and donors communication departments on the field;
- Actively represent the organization when asked and/or delegated to do so and more specifically take an active participation in the communication working groups at national and regional level and provide timely and accurate information on SI intervention as requested by the sectors.
- The above list is a non-exhaustive one, nor limitative. The RCO could be asked for other responsibilities and tasks within the framework of his/her job on demand of the Grants Manager.
- Dynamic, organized, methodical, team player, with sound communication skills
- Languages: fluent in English oral and written (additional languages a plus)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritisation of tasks, work under tight deadlines
- Professional experience: at least 2 years of experience in similar position especially with INGOs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, International Relations or any related fields
- IT skills: Microsoft software practice, sound Excel skills
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
- Delocalized status and related benefits: Applicable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Please submit your application by clicking on the link above
- Select “Reporting and Communications Officer Maidugur”, fill the form and attach your CV
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
Application Deadline 17th June, 2019.
Note: As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.