Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Lead, Utilities Economics
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Specialization: Social Sciences, Engineering or any relevant field
- To ensure full compliance of IBEDC with all industry regulations governing permits, rates and pricing
- Develops and implements long-term rate strategy and plans, including rate design, adjustment mechanisms and tariff provisions to prevent earnings erosion
- Liaises constantly with relevant Functions (Legal , Finance and Accounts, etc.) and BUs across IBEDC on regulatory related matters as it pertains to rates and pricing
- Assists in developing policies, strategies and plans for the Function to ensure full regulatory compliance
- Oversees and monitors the process for energy pricing and tariff rate and systems reliability
- Participates in regulatory agency meetings and public meetings/hearings that pertains to permits, rates and pricing
- Prepares internal report for IBEDC management (highlight findings, implications and key recommendations)
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all applicable utility commission rules, regulations and orders as it pertains to rates, pricing and system reliability
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
- Required Experience: 10 – 15 years
- Strong understanding of the business of IBEDC and related businesses in the electricity sector
- Strong Knowledge of Utilities Industry
- Deep understanding and knowledge of regulatory stipulations vis-à-vis rates and permits
- Deep understanding of the laws and regulations governing the power industry
- Strong financial and business acumen financial analysis and reporting skills
- Business Performance Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th June, 2019.
Note: When the page opens, click on “Click Here See Vacancies” and select “Lead, Utilities Economics” to apply accordingly.