A reputable company with operations in photography and multimedia services in Nigeria require the services of:
Job Title: IT Officer
- The IT Officer will support organisation’s internal and external information technology operations.
- The IT Officer designs, supports, coordinates, controls and operates internal data or voice communication systems or specialized components of a network whether data, voice or video including Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), and voice systems by conducting such activities as planning, configuring, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting and tuning network infrastructure which might include routers, switches, gateways, firewall systems, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, private branch exchanges (PBXs), voice mail, call management systems (CMS) and network security devices.
- Designs, implements and maintains various networks such as LAN, WAN, and voice systems in accordance with specified requirements. Prepares data or voice network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
- Performs data or voice network configurations and configuration changes of various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
- Prepares routine proposal documentation and information to meet customer requirements. Prepares routine cost analyses and vendor comparisons to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations, and measures feasibility of various approaches.
- Maintains data, voice or video network hardware and systems; investigates and resolves network and hardware matters of significance; researches, analyses, isolates and resolves errors; assesses and updates older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
- Provides technical support on data, voice or video networks for internal and/or external customers; answers technical questions; recommends and implements approved course of action. Provides technical leadership for data or voice network problem escalation and resolution.
- Installs and maintains network facilities, including hardware, software, and system data for small to medium sized networks. Installs network applications on network servers or voice equipment; maintains, tests, researches and resolves problems. Determines appropriate standard testing routines or scripts; test various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, hubs or optical equipment, or multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, private branch exchanges (PBX), voice mail, and call management system, etc. for maintenance.
Education, Experience & Attribute
- Skilled in time, priority and task management.
- Communication skills (verbal, written and Interpersonal skills) to interact with customers, team members and support personnel.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to convey a professional image, and deal confidently with technical problems.
- Bachelor’s degree/HND in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- 3-4 years of experience with network switching, routing, firewalls, wireless networking, etc.
- Experience working with local area network systems and technical infrastructure communication issues.
- Experience working with data center networking.
- Experience working with Network security and network architecture.
- Experience working with multiple technical platforms (e.g., mainframe, two-tiered client-server, three-tiered client-server)
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
Salary and Remuneration
Attractive and negotiable.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com with “IT Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 26th July, 2019.