University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, located in Calabar, Cross River, Nigeria invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Administration
Location: Calabar, Cross River
The Director of Administration shall be responsible to the Chief Medical Director for day-to-day general administration of the Hospital. He shall be Chief Adviser to the Chief Medical Director on general administrative matters and Secretary to the Board of Management. In addition, the Director of Administration shall:
- Take charge of the department responsible for administration;
- Participate in formulation, execution and review of policies as directed by the Chief Medical Director and/or the Board;
- Coordinate the activities of support departments in the Hospital;
- Conduct correspondences of the Board and keep the records of the Hospital;
- Perform such other functions as the Board or the Chief Medical
- Director may from time to time assign to him/her.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possession of Master’s Degree of any other relevant higher degree would be an added advantage.
- Fellowship of Associate of the Institute of Health Services Administrators of Nigeria (IHSAN) is mandatory.
- Working experience in a hospital is an added advantage.
- Candidates must possess a good first degree in Hospital/Health Services Management, Humanities or Social Sciences from a recognized University or its equivalent.
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Candidates must have not less than twenty (20) years of post-qualification experience.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- Salary and conditions of service shall be in accordance with the Public Service salary structure for this category of officers.
- The Director of Administration shall hold office effective from the date of appointment inclusive of any period previously served as a Director in any other organisation in the Public Service, provided the officer does not attain the mandatory retirement age of sixty (60) years or thirty-five (35) years of service (whichever comes first) and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward fifteen (15) copies of their Application accompanied with photocopies of their credentials and Curriculum Vitae highlighting the following:
- Full Name
- Place and date of birth
- Home address
- Contact address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications obtained with dates
- Working experience
- Professional qualification
- Present employment indicating present status and salary
- Extra-curricular activities
- Referees (3)
The application and attachments should be in a sealed envelope marked “Application for the Post of Director of Administration” at the top left hand corner of the envelope and addressed and sent to:
The Chief Medical Director,
University of Calabar Teaching Hospital,
Calabar, Cross River State.
Application Deadline 12th August, 2019.
- The Curriculum Vitae must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees one of whom must be within the rank of Directorate cadre.
- Recommendation letters from the referees should be sent directly to the above address by the referee.