Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Gashua, Yobe
Duration: 12 months renewable
- The Project Manager is responsible for the overall activities’ planning, execution and reporting of the Early Recovery and Resilience building project.
- He/she is directly assigned to, and responsible of the supervision of all logistics, HR, financial and overall functioning aspects for his projects.
- In cooperation with the Program Manager, finalizes the data provided by his/her team, supports the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of the narrative reports expected by the donors and by the partners;
- He/She supervises the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the staff; monitors the accuracy and efficiency of activities;
- He/She works closely with Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor hired by lead consortium partner that to ensure oversight for all monitoring and evaluation across all activities and implementation.
- He/She represents COOPI with the local / State authorities, consortium lead and partners;
- In collaboration with the Program Manager and Head of Base, prepares all the formal communication and contract modification requests (ex. budget modification) of the project;
- Liaise with logistics/ procurement team to ensure the goods purchased for the project; for all goods purchased by the project, support updates of the inventory and guarantee the respect of the policies and guidelines, in cooperation with the Logistics Office;
- He/She ensures compliance with the fund and timely fulfilment of project’s reporting requirements;
- He/She executes any other task necessary to good and timely completion of the projects, identified in mutual agreement;
- In coordination with the Administrative team, supports in hiring of new staff directly related to the project and conducts staff appraisals Upholds COOPI’s mission and Charter of Values;
- He/She puts in place and follow in accountability and beneficiaries feedback mechanism;
- He/She Follows and enforces all COOPI codes of conduct and policies (globally and in-country);
- He/She Ensure safety of staff and beneficiaries and work closely with COOPI Security Manager and Logistic team;
- He/She works closely with Social Protection expert to drive critical assessment during inception phase including baseline, market and value chain assessment and mapping exercises
- He/She ensures smooth management of COOPI base in Gashua, Yobe state;
- He/She works closely with Protection Program team to ensure protection mainstreaming
- He/She performs any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of Base and in link with the Program Manager and Head of Mission, he/she provides overall managerial oversight to the EC/EU funded integrated project and support project implementation team;
- He/She ensures cross departmental coordination including consortium partners’ components such as conflict management, peace building and livelihoods;
- He/She works with consortium lead and partners to maintain and update project implementation plan;
- In cooperation and synergy with the project staff, plans and monitors the social protection, conflict management & peace building and livelihood activities’ progress, in compliance with the donor regulations, Consortium lead and COOPI’s procedures, and with the specific Project Structure and Reporting Lines definition, making use of the financial instruments provided by the organization;
- In collaboration with the Administrative and the Logistics team, plans and monitors the expenditures in line with the project’s implementation needs;
- Team player, effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner, able to work in a multicultural environment;
- Demonstrated success in community resilient programs and technically sound in Cash transfers, capacity building and other social protection components;
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of working in inter-cultural environment;
- Proven commitment to accountability practices;
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines;
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills (Excel, Word, Power point, Emails, Skype, Web researchers);
- Knowledge of and adherence to COOPI Code of Conduct, understands other international development guidelines.
- Master’s Degree in Humanitarian/ Development Studies/ Social Sciences or any related field;
- At least 5 years of working experience in/with INGO on Social Protection, Conflict Management & Peace Building and Livelihoods/ FSL area. Experience managing social protection and livelihood development activities as a+;
- Experience in managing EU funded projects;
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts;
- Expertise in sustainable livelihoods, safety nets programs, in particular;
- Data collection, analysis, and report writing including post-distribution monitoring (PDM);
- Excellent in written and spoken English;
- Ability to plan, organize work, communicate and reports effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th August, 2019.