Africa Youth Growth Foundation is a regional Non-Governmental Organization in Abuja for youth growth, development and empowerment, with a mission of building an African society through constructive engagement with stakeholders expand opportunities for self-development and realization among the youth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Location: Abuja (alongside travels)
Project Title: Extension of Labour Inspection Activity and Labour Law Enforcement to Sectors and Workplaces where Migrant Workers may be Present
Duration of Employment: Six Months
Working Nature: Full-time assignment
Working Hours: 40 hours a week (08:00-17:00; 12:00-13:00 lunch time)
- The Program Officer is responsible to work as Lead for the overall management and implementation of project activities and will support the Project Manager for implementing overall activities and synergizing the roles of the other respective project offices in an efficient way
- The primary responsibility of this portfolio is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for program.
- Responsible to support to initiate, effect and coordinate implementation of all project activities in coordination with all relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare a detailed project implementation plan and coordinate the Implementation of the allocated activities and roles across the project offices.
- Prepare a detailed field trip plan, activity guideline (working with the Project Consultant) and/or field visit report and execute field trips to ensure timely completion of quality data collection and implementation of project objectives.
- Coordinate with project team members to ensure timely planning & implementation of activities, disbursement of resources, supervision & monitoring, logistics availability etc.
- Track progress and prepare monthly progress reports as well as statutory interim reports (Narrative and Financial) in coordination with relevant project staff.
- Responsible for the proper documentation and reporting of all activities with sufficient proof and evidence documents including any other relevant issues during execution of activities.
- Ensure regular communication and coordination with all project stakeholders and maintain clear communication with the Project Manager and other project offices about the implementation and progress of the activities.
- Perform any other duties as required or requested by Project Manager.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience within the NGO sector
- Proven experience in program management
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Proven experience managing team
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks
- Competency in Microsoft word applications including Word, Excel and Power point
- Solid understanding of project management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and recent passport photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Job Title: Driver
- We are looking for a responsible and diligent driver to work with in our organization, to transport staff in a comfortable, safe and timely manner to various meeting and other engagements during official hours.
- To be considered for this role, you should have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record with no traffic violations.
- Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip
- Listen to traffic and weather reports to stay up-to-date on road conditions
- Adjust the route to avoid heavy traffic or road constructions, as needed
- Ensure the car seats are clean and comfortable for all riders
- Schedule regular car service appointments and report any issues
- Book car wash and detailing services to maintain interior and exterior cleanliness of the car
- Proven experience as a Driver
- A valid driver’s license
- A clean driving record
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- Knowledge of area roads and neighborhoods
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
- A High School Diploma
- Age limit 30, 35 and 40 years.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and recent passport photograph to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 12th July, 2019.
Note: Only applicants with the required skills and experience will be contacted.