The AHI Residence is an 18-room Bed & Breakfast, non-smoking, non-alcohol serving facility located on the Lagos Mainland.
The AHI Residence is designed for professionals who require serene and comfortable accommodation for strategic retreats, seminars, workshops, business meetings, academic or intellectual reflection and output especially those using the adjoining halls and meeting rooms at Action Health Incorporated’s (AHI) office complex.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook
- We urgently require an experienced Cook with exceptional passion for customer service excellence to join our team.
- Prepare delicious meals for our guests
- Train, supervise and coordinate activities of other kitchen / restaurant staff
- Manage kitchen staff and delegate tasks related to meal preparation, cooking and delivering food to diners in a timely fashion
- Develop recipes and determine how to present the food
- Plan menus and ensure uniform serving sizes and consistent quality of meals
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality
- Monitor food stock, order food and supplies as required and ensure value for money is received
- Monitor sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards
- Manage relationships with suppliers and resolve issues with vendors promptly
- Check freshness of food and ingredients
Qualifications & Requirements
- 2+ years experience as a Cook in a full-service restaurant
- Excellent knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
- Excellent knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- Must be computer literate.
Job Title: Kitchen Assistant
- We urgently require an experienced Kitchen Assistant with exceptional work ethics to join our team.
- Assist the Cook in preparing ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Assist the Cook to prepare food according to standard recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Operate ovens, grills, microwaves, blenders, mixers and fryers.
- Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Ensure kitchen, equipment & utensils are always in very clean and hygienic condition
- Ensure proper and safe storage of kitchen equipment & utensils after use
- Perform other job duties assigned by the F & B Supervisor.
Qualification & Requirements
- Applicants for the above must possess an OND in Catering & Hotel Management
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a reputable organization in the Hotel and Catering industry
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com clearly stating the position being applied for and their full names in the subject area of the email
Application Deadline 6th July, 2019.
Interview Date 8th July, 2019.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.