Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychologist Consultant
Locations: Gwoza, Pulka, Damaturu, Maiduguri, Abuja and Taraba
Contract duration: 1 Month
Purpose of the Position
- To guarantee Mental Health support to the teams in the field through coordination of the psychosocial support in case of a critical incident and follow up of the persons in acute situation.
Description of Duties
- Developing and facilitating workshops and trainings relevant to psycho-social issues the teams are facing in the field such as stress management, vicarious trauma, burnout and trauma.
- Provide the Medical Coordinator with a clinical analysis and recommendations of well-being dynamics following a field visit.
- Providing quick response when called upon especially in a critical incident response.
- Following the MSF internal protocols, to organize and coordinate the psychosocial support to the teams, after a Critical Incident.
- Psychosocial Intervention in acute cases.
- In Coordination with the Psychosocial Unit, participate in the external referral of those people in need of psychological counseling or psychotherapy.
- Formulating and creating personalized interventions, treatments and management plans for MSF Spain staff in the field as agreed. This will be done either in the field locations where MSF has projects or in his/her office if it is agreed so and has been authorized by the Medical Coordinator.
- Essential, Masters or PhD in Psychology, preferable with clinical and social experience.
- Registered with the profession governing body in the country.
- At least 3 years of experienced with specialist psychological assessment and treatment of a wide range of mental health problems of varying severity and complexity.
- Proficient with psychological therapies, risk assessment and training.
- Proficient with planning and performing psychological interventions.
- Atleast 3 years of good knowledge and experience in emotional support and team management during crisis.
- At least 3 years of experience in providing psychosocial support in situations of conflict, violence and/or natural disaster.
- Good knowledge and experience working with groups.
- Desirable working experience in the humanitarian field.
- Ability to engage different approaches including CBT, Brief therapy, client centered approaches as well as capacity to adapt new and developing approaches in the field.
Use of language skills:
- Essential working knowledge of English and Hausa, Kanuri and other most spoken language in the North East of Nigeria.
- User of Microsoft office.
- SPSS will be valuable.
- High level on communication skills and ability to influence good capacity in team work.
- Intercultural awareness and sensitivity
- Flexibility to adapt to differences
- Capacity of managing teams, organization and coordination.
Service fee: N334,159 Gross.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV and Motivation Letter only by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or submit it in person to any of the following MSF Spain offices:
394, Etang Obuli Street,
Off Idris Ibrahim Crescent,
Jabi District, Abuja.
NTA Junction, Off Damboa Road,
Old International School Line,
Maiduguri – Borno State
Application Deadline 26th July, 2019.
- MSF encourages women and people with disability status to apply.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.