One Acre Fund is a non-profit social enterprise that supplies financing and training to help smallholders grow their way out of hunger and build lasting pathways to prosperity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Preferred Start Date: Flexible
- As development operations engineer, you would be responsible for increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the development team- your job would be to make everyone else’s job easier. This involves coordination with the IT Operations, Quality Assurance and Development teams, with the primary goal of automating manual tasks.
- You would be involved in reviewing and altering processes/procedures across the organization, reviewing and integrating third-party tools as appropriate and maintaining the test servers used internally.
- After training, you would also help automate the production server environment and react to problems as they occur.
Career Growth and Development
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional employee, ideally with a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 2+ years of technical work experience required. Examples include a demanding professional work experience or entrepreneurial experience. Bonus points if this work was in a developing country or NGO-related.
- Strong educational background; Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Strong, demonstrable technical skills in the C family of languages (C# preferred, related languages such as Java acceptable), SQL (MSSQL preferred) and shell scripting (Powershell preferred)
- Knowledge of Network Architecture and Server Administration (IIS/Windows tools)
- Knowledge of Cloud Platforms (Azure preferred)
- Knowledge of Software Development Process and DevOps Tools, including:
- Version control software (Git preferred)
- Build automation tools (Jenkins preferred)
- Deployment tools (Octopus Deploy preferred)
- Automated Testing Tools (JMeter, Katalon and Selenium preferred)
- Configuration Management tools (Docker, Otter preferred)
- Monitoring Software (Splunk preferred).
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently/self-manage
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Motivated problem-solver with a history of taking on independent side-projects.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: English required in all locations.
Commensurate with experience
- Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd September, 2019.
- Submit a Resume/CV, not exceeding more than 1-2 pages, which includes, Education, Work Experience, Specialized/Technical Skills, Achievements/Awards and any other Experience (Volunteering, Extracurriculars, etc). References do not need to be included, and will only be required upon request, after the final interview
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication.
- Sponsor International Candidates. Yes. East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.