Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast-growing B2B/B2G Fintech Platform Holdco Company with six subsidiaries, two platform entities and a suite of shared services offered to all subsidiaries. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk-taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Junior Network Engineer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- The Junior Network Engineer is responsible for the support and optimization of the corporate enterprise network in a 24/7 environment.
- The Network Infrastructure team provides high levels of availability for all network and hardware in support of business objectives.
- You will work closely with other departments/ strategic business units to identify, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support the team in capacity planning of all key services ensuring business growth does not outpace existing infrastructure capabilities
- Support the team in crisis management efforts during planned and unplanned outages, driving rapid response and resolution to critical issues impacting the business
- Maintain knowledge of current and developing technologies
- Maintain beneficial and cost-effective relationships with service providers
- Monitor and maintain all systems to meet established Service Level Objectives
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- 2+ years’ experience supporting Microsoft based networks.
- BS or BA degree in a Computer-related field preferred (Equivalent work experience can replace the education requirement).
- Experience with supporting a Linux environment
- Ability to solve complex Active Directory issues
- Experience supporting SQL Server (Desired not compulsory)
- Knowledge of Storage area networks.
- Ability to analyze technical problems without visual contact with the machine, have excellent learning skills.
- Ability to utilize available resources to the fullest; must have excellent computer skills.
- Keen drive for learning and development
- Entry-level cloud infrastructure knowledge.
- Understanding of virtualization technology (VMware or Hyper-V)
- Must be able to work with difficult customers and situations while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction, and a professional demeanor.
- Previous experience as a Systems Engineer or a System Administrator.
- Experience with design, configuration and implementation of Microsoft and/or Linux based servers.
- Solid knowledge of WAN and Network protocols (WINS, DNS, DHCP, TCP)
- Flexibility is important.
Competitive based on experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality