Dream Centre for Young Minds (DCYM) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO). DCYM Foundation directly benefits children and their families. Through public-private partnership, we carry out intervention programs for vulnerable and at-risked communities on education, healthcare and livelihood in remote villages and slums across Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Officer
Ref ID: PROG08
Employee Status: One-year Renewable contract
- The Communications Officer will write and distribute content to promote DCYM’s brand, activities or products.
- They will act as a liaison between the organization, the public, and the media to ensure that the brand remains top of mind.
Scope of Work (not all-inclusive)
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Oversee all creative inputs on company’s communications and publications.
- Host the website and upgrade content regularly.
- Assess program requirements and aid personnel in handling the project well.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Preserve and promote company reputation among staff and clients.
Desirable experience and characteristics:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience in a communications role.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms..
- Strong research, policy development and writing skills.
Deadline: 27th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV in Microsoft Word format through email to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the Job Reference, Location and Applicant Full Name; e.g. PROG01 Abuja, ISAAC IBRAHIM.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful.