West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is one of the first green field container terminals to be built in Nigeria under public private partnership WACT is located in Onne port (some 30kms from Port-Harcourt) in Rivers State We have been successfully connecting East, North, West Central Nigeria and Rivers state to the world This has been possible through top-quality services, cordial business relations with customers, regular interaction with stakeholders, human resource development, modern handling equipment and superior e-commerce capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Controls Engineer
Location: Onne, Rivers
Department: Terminal Operations/Engineering
Job Type: Temporary Contract – 2 Years
- Provide timely, transparent and representative project performance information to support decision-making on the project.
- Challenge and align the project team and its approach and performance, highlighting areas of concern and supporting the resolution of issues.
- Lead the identification of schedule, cost and risk optimisation approaches for the project.
- Administer and implement the change management process.
- Support the integration and management of the resolution of issues between work streams.
- Generate reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide technical project controls training to the project team, as required.
- Act as primary point of contact for all project control systems and be responsible for the user rights administration
- Ensure clear and consistent communication within and from the project team. Regularly meet with the project team to maintain awareness of issues which may impact safety, scope, progress, interfaces, milestones and/or budget.
- Build working relations with counterparts at the head office, consultants, contractors and suppliers
- Manage and drive the following project scope management, Planning / scheduling, Cost management (in close coordination with the terminal CFO), Change management, Risk management, Document management, Reporting
- Develop, manage and maintain the overall integrated project progress and baseline schedules in line with APMT standards.
- Lead and support the development of high level ‘what-if’ scenario planning in support of project decision-making.
- Support the Project Manager in overseeing the performance of contractors and suppliers from a schedule, risk, change and cost perspective.
- Implement and manage the cost management approach, being accountable for the provision of time-phased project cost data, including VOWD, EAC and ETC.
We Are Looking For
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering
- Masters’ degree in same will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 10 years relevant project experience.
- Construction project experience preferred.
- Team player, capable of motivating peers to achieve project success
- Have a strong understanding of project controls
- Good communication skills, where excellent level of English is a must
- Highly disciplined – following through on actions and ensuring necessary documentation is maintained
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and experience in a multicultural environment, in respect to employees, local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a project controls role covering cost management, planning and risk management.
- Relevant experience with project controls and/or project management software, such as PMWeb, Proliance, PCM, or Skire is an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of collaborative platforms, such as MS Sharepoint, MS Teams, etc.
- Proficient with scheduling software, such as Primavera P6 or MS Project in addition to Microsoft Office applications
- A wide range of national and international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic environment.
- Exposure to the larger APMT, Transport and Logistics division.
- Experience in new processes, methods, techniques with different equipment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd September, 2019.