Neem Foundation is Non-Governmental Organisation that is committed to improving the lives of those affected by the North- East insurgency in Nigeria through building inclusive communities, providing and raising the standards of psycho-social care and countering extremist narratives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: District Liaison Officer
- The District Liaison Officer will provide support to Neem Foundation’s projects on the field.
- S/he is responsible for the deployment of the stakeholder engagement sessions, as well as gathering relevant information to Identify and mobilize local targeted communities for the project.
- S/he must have experience working with communications and report writing on managing conflict, working with development partners and managing budgets.
- S/he will be part of a team advocating for and providing support on stakeholder engagement, peacebuilding and reconciliation projects.
- Reporting to the Programme Officer, Social Cohesion, Stabilisation and Reintegration, His/her main responsibility is to carry out the project activities planned by the Programme Manager in the areas defined by the task orders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to external administrative work to the coordination team in terms of logistics;
- Work with the Programme Manager in implementing a community development strategy that has clear guidelines, maintains confidentiality, a mechanism for follow up work and clearly fits in with the aims, objectives and actions for implementation within a set timeframe;
- Support the Programme Manager in representing the project in meetings at the community level.
- Liaise effectively between the host communities and the project with regards to community relations and conflict resolution and management;
- Support the Programme Manager during advocacy initiatives to source support from other potential donors or partners for local institutions;
- Support the Programme Manager and Department during outreach programmes and in developing relations with key individuals and groups in the target areas in the Project host communities;
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and host communities;
- Undertake any other work assigned by the Programme Manager which are necessary to the successful implementation of programme strategy.
Education Requirement and Work Experience:
- A Bachelors’ degree in Sociology, Community/Rural Development, Political Science, Humanities or related fields;
- At least 3-5 years of working experience in peacebuilding.
Knowledge, skills and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated experience in working with rural communities and community groups;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent verbal and written skills;
- Strong facilitation skills;
- Good organizational skills; ability to manage and prioritize tasks;
- Knowledge of office systems, including experience with computer applications (MS. Word, Power-Point and Excel) required;
- Fluency in English and Hausa (Required);
- Ability to speak local languages of Benue, Zamfara and Kaduna states would be an added advantage as interstate travel will be required.
N200,000 – N270,000 monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply