NINERELA+ Nigeria is an interfaith network working with other national stakeholders and coalitions to achieve the set goals in health and social justice. Pursuant to the organization’s mission, its seek the services of experienced and committed officers with experience in in development/public health programming to work as a team member, supporting the organization’s activities at the national office:
Job Title: Finance and Compliance Officer
- Oversee day-to-day financial management and accounting for the projects; maintains and manage financial accounts
- Lead the establishment, maintenance, and updating of organizational financial policies and procedures to guide the work of organization
- Prepare and track project budgets and budget projections;
- reviews expense reports, vouchers and payment requests, including proper back-up documentation to ensure compliance with established organizational systems
- Work with the National Coordinator, Program Manager to develop annual budgets, projections, financial plans, costing estimates and monthly cash forecasting;
- Ensure timely submission of relevant monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports on activities implemented to all stakeholders.
- Maintain and oversee internal controls; prepares estimates of monthly cash requirements, manage project bank account, reconciles monthly accounts and bank statements; submits receipts and invoices
- Participate in regular meetings to discuss financial issues
- Assist in internal or external audit activity
- Establish processes and systems to manage, disburse and oversee small grants, as required.
- Maintenance of the Organization’s staff data, equipment and facilities logs.
- Implement monthly payroll accurately and on time, keep accurate and updated records and conducts regular reviews of staffing financial information;
- Ensure payments to vendors and contractors, consultants and other relevant parties and properly secure documentations, track all tax withholding requirements and make them available to National Coordinator and project lead
- Ensure employees’ Travel Expense Reports (TERs) and Travel Advances (TAs) are submitted on time and reconciled properly;
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely financial records; prepares and submit monthly financial reports in timely manner; and ensure supporting documents are filed appropriately in hard and soft copies.
- Educate staff on the statutory laws and regulations, fiscal policies and changes thereon.
- Payment of advances as approved by the National Coordinator as well as ensuring the retirement of such cash advances.
- Perform any other responsibilities as may be directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Finance and Administration discipline with 2 – 3 years post-qualification experience in the development sector preferably with experience in HIV/ TB, Malaria, OVC, gender programming.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder relations
- Ability to contribute to the effectiveness of a team, including supporting others and managing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to work with remote teams and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent financial acumen and understanding of tax and basic business skills
- Proficiency in use of financial management software.
- Resident in the FCT Abuja
- Ready to and capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and exercise of sound judgment and flexibility to achieve agreed outcomes
- Well-developed writing and analytical skills and an ability to express ideas clearly and concisely
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com All documents should be in MS Word or PDF format.
- Applicant should attach their cover letter and CV as a single document. The subject should be the position and full name of the applicant. All applications must be sent via e-mail to the contacts below. No surface mails or telephone calls will be entertained.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 5pm, Monday, 23rd September, 2019.