Coffey International Development has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Receptionist and Cleaner
Locations: Kano, Kaduna, Jigawa
- Coffey is delivering the DFIDfunded LINKS – Powering Economic Growth in Northern Nigeria programme, which will support the development of a vibrant and diversified economy in the three key northern Nigerian states of Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa. The programme will have a duration of 7 years.
- These fulltime positions are accountable for daily receptionist and cleaning support to the staff working in the offices in Kano, Jigawa and Kaduna. Salary is based on an established pay scale.
- Keeping a guest registry and ensuring that all guests to the office sign in and sign out at the desk upon arrival
- Using a personal computer to send and receive emails
- Using a personal computer to provide clerical support to technical staff and using word and excel
- Using a scanner to provide support to technical staff by scanning and emailing documents.
- Managing the office supplies requirements for the office including keeping an inventory of supplies and reordering when necessary
- Managing the kitchen consumables including keeping an inventory of consumables (tea, coffee, milk, sugar, etc), and reordering when necessary
- Managing the cleaning supplies and reordering when necessary
- Where there is a guesthouse on the property, ensuring the space is cleaned daily
- Where there is a bq on the property, ensuring the space is cleaned daily
- Monitoring toner requirements for printers and photocopiers and ensuring there is always one spare toner cartridge in storage
- Supervising any operational contractors who come into the office for the purpose of carrying out repairs (e.g. AC maintenance, plumbing and electrical repairs, etc.)
- Ensuring cleanliness of office space, including desks, floors, kitchens and washrooms in the morning, throughout the day and at day’s end
- Carrying out special projects, as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use a personal computer, email, Excel and Word
- Ability to use other office equipment (scanner, photocopier, etc.)
- An eye for detail especially when required to keep the work area clean and organized
- Excellent organizational skills and abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing (English is required for this position)
- Ability to track purchases and inventories
Education and Experience
- First Degree in Business Administration or a related field of study
- 3 years office management experience
- Experience with the use of a variety of computer applications including Excel and Word
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shoud send their Application package to: Mary.Ellen.Havlik@coffey.com using “Office Receptionist and Cleaner” as the subject of the email. Please also note which State you are applying for: Kano, or Kaduna, or Jigawa
Your application package must include:
- A cover letter detailing how you meet the Education and Experience requirements;
- Your CV; and
- Contact details for three recent work related referees
- If you do not meet the Education and Experience criteria, please do not apply
- Failure to include any of the required documents as noted above in your application package will result in an immediate rejection of your application for this position
- Who Can Apply: Nigerian citizens only
Application Deadline 1800hrs; 14th October, 2019.