A reputable Business Membership Organisation (BMO) on the island seeks the services of competent professionals to the fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Assistant Director, Membership & Branch Development
- The Asst. Director, Membership & Branch Development heads a critical department in the organisation and is responsible for membership development, relations, servicing and retention.
- He/She is expected to grow the organisation’s membership in the right quality and quantity and ensure the retention of old members. Leads the membership team in ensuring the provision of valuable services and expansion of membership values and benefits.
- He/She heads the team in designing, exploring and discovering value adding propositions for all members of the organisation.
Academic & Professional Requirements
- Post Graduate degree in Science, Social Sciences, Business Administration or any other related field.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies is key
- Minimum of 15 years post-qualification experience, with at least 5 years in a senior management position
- Experience in BMOs, and in similar functional area is an added advantage
Job Title: Head, Accounts & Finance
- The Head Finance & Accounts will oversee the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions for the Organisation.
- Ensure all financial reporting are in compliance with set policies, CBN, IFRS and other financial regulatory standards.
- First degree in Accounting or related discipline; minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience preferably in professional accounting firms or financial or manufacturing companies; Accounting professional certification – ACA /ACCA/ CFA or CPA is required.
- Experience in financial accounting and reporting, risk management, corporate finance, investment management, treasury, budgeting, financial control, financial analysis and forecasting, compliance and financial modelling.
- In-depth understanding of statutory requirements, IFRS, accounting principles, laws and best practices is required.
- Strategic orientation, leadership skills; integrity; honesty; excellent communication skills, thorough understanding of business principles and practices; strong interpersonal skills to engage peers, senior management team and external stakeholders; proven ability to motivate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
Job Title: HR & Admin Manager
- To act as the first point of contact for HR-related queries from employees and external partners and can juggle various administrative tasks in a timely manner.
- Manages all human resources related activities including recruitment, compensation, career development, performance measurement, training and personnel affairs.
- Directs and oversees all administration related activities including security, reception, work schedules, preventative and corrective maintenance, office supplies and transportation.
- Conducts performance evaluation training and monitors department’s performance in conducting the performance evaluation.
- Manages the human resources planning process to determine the Company’s longterm staffing needs through discussing the personnel needs with department managers and prepares personnel forecasts to plan employment needs.
- Manages the human resources budget preparation for the Company, and reviews human resources plans.
- Manages the human resources department to work with outside employment agencies to fill vacant positions.
- Monitors the compensation and benefits data of the Company to determine the competitiveness of the compensation plan.
- Participates in interviews, selections and recruitments of employees to fill vacant positions at the Company corporate office.
- Manages the new employee orientation to foster positive attitudes towards strategic goals.
- Ensures that the Company’s overall human resources policies, rules, regulations and procedures comply with the Nigerian labour Law.
- Manages and develops individual human resources staff to help them achieve full potential and deliver consistently high performance standards.
- Purchases printed materials and forms by obtaining requirements; negotiating price, quality, and delivery; approving invoices.
- Completes special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Improves program and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures; evaluating system results with users.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; benchmarking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in human resources management and administrative affairs
- A Post Graduate Degree will be an added advantage
- Professional qualification, certification and membership of, at least, one professional body.
- Experience in BMOs, and in similar functional area is an added advantage
Job Title: Manager, Corporate Communication & Programs
Duties & Responsibilities
- The manager would be responsible for the coordination of the organisation’s programs and promote the organisation’s public perception and reputation via the following communication pillars:
- Supporting the development and execution of strategic communication plans for different initiatives within the Firm including publication launches, corporate events and seminars, amplification of IoD Nigeria leadership participation in external events, media outreaches, press briefings and so on.
- Supporting the development of written communications such as news releases, media alerts, blogs, social media copy, etc.
- Media monitoring and reporting.
- Identifying of viable external representation opportunities for the Firm and engagement of relevant contact persons.
- Assisting in the creating and curating of content for print and digital platforms, editing and proofreading of Company material and content flow for internal and external channels.
- Participation in event planning and speech writing.
- Supporting communications and project management for IOD Nigeria’s initiatives.
- Supporting the development and execution of internal communication plans for initiatives aimed at driving improved employee engagement.
- Drafting and distribution of daily and ad hoc communications for different divisions and Firm Leaders.
Social Media Communication:
- Assisting with daily communications on the Firm’s corporate social media channels (primarily Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn) and coordinating the editorial calendar with online activity.
- Working with the graphics team to develop relevant accompanying creatives. Assisting to drive improved social media presence for IOD Nigeria’s activities.
- Planning and designing the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Defining the programme’s governance arrangements
- Managing the programme’s budget on behalf of the SRO, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan and programme governance arrangements
- Managing third party contributions to the programme
- Managing communications with all stakeholders
- Managing risks to the programme’s successful outcome
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University;
- Minimum of Second Class Upper
- A master’s degree or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Required Experience: 8 years of relevant experience related to the Job, 5 of which must be in a managerial level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Must possess a strong proficiency of the English language, including superior grammar, spelling, and organizational skills.
- Great Interpersonal Skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have a passion for and understanding of the use of social media.
- Understanding of the professional services industry is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and the willingness to function as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
Deadline: 24th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.