United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Immunization Specialist, NO-3
Job Number: 527558
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
- Immunization Specialist is accountable for professional contribution to the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and administration of the Immunization programme in conjunction with Health specialist and other immunization specialists within the country programme, to achieve the UNICEF’s immunization and PHC goals and objectives for the country.
Key Expected Results:
- Technical support is provided to NPHCDA and other governmental and non governmental organizations at all stages of the programme cooperation, including capacity building of government personnel and beneficiaries.
- UNICEF is represented at NERICC and other coordination mechanisms including OIRIS supportive supervision visits to the states.
- The eight states prioritized for Gavi alliance are supported in strengthening routine immunization and other PHC services.
- Programs are monitored with field visits and periodic programme reviews conducted with government counterparts and other partners.
- Technical advice and assistance provided to government officials and implementing partners in the planning and management of the Immunization programme and sustainability of interventions ensured.
- Disbursements of funds are certified and ensured that the activities are within established plans of action and programme budget allotments.
- The overall allocation and disbursement of programme funds are monitored and the funds are properly coordinated, utilized and liquidated. financial status reports are submitted to management in compliance with the regulations and guidelines.
- Technical support provided to the evaluation exercises, programme mid-term reviews, annual sector review and review meetings. Data Analyzed and evaluated to ensure achievement of objectives and corrective measures recommended as appropriate.
- Quality contributions are made to the development and implementation of the Immunization strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partnership.
- Project implementation progress is monitored and evaluated for adjustment, acceleration and improvement of program delivery and sustainability.
- Gender/sex disaggregated data and inputs relevant to the Immunization Programme provided.
- The capacities of field Office staff are strengthened through effective capacity building programme in the development, implementation and management of the Immunization programme.
- Immunization strategies and approaches are developed with participation of UNICEF, Government, non-government organizations (NGOs) and other partners.
- Strategic results are achieved in line with agreed Annual and Country Programme objectives and corrective actions are adopted to meet programme/project objectives.
- Programme reports are timely prepared in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
Other assigned duties and responsibilities are effectively performed.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced University Degree in Public Health, Pediatric Health, Child Development, Child Health, Epidemiology, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines.
- Five years of professional work experience at the national level in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of health/Immunization programmes. Professional work experience in a technical expert position related to child survival, immunization & primary health care.
- Field work experience
- Fluency in English and the local language of the duty station.
Knowledge of theories and practices in:
- Child and Maternal Health
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Public Health/primary health care
- Educational Interventions in Health Care
- Health Financing
- Knowledge Management
- Computer software application, including word processing, spreadsheet and corporate software packages
General knowledge of:
- Methodology of programme/project management
- Programmatic goals, visions, positions, policies and strategies in Health
- Knowledge of global health issues, specifically relating to children and women, and the current trends, methods and approaches.
- Policies and strategy to address national and global health issues, particularly relating to conflicts, natural disasters, and recovery.
- Emergency programme policies, goals, strategies and approaches
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- View our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
Deadline: 8th November, 2019 by 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (West Africa Standard Time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles
- All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.