PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client is an information, communications and technology (ICT) company specializing in network connectivity and delivery of internet, telephony, television as well as cloud-based software application services to corporate and residential customers.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Finance Officer
Reference Number: 130-PEO01114
Job type: Permanent
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Economics/Banking and Finance or related field from a reputable institution
- Strategic orientation and successfully managed financial organization with comparative scale and complexity
- Treasury and Cash management experience is a must-have
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Strong presentation and financial modeling skills
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Professional qualification such as ICAN, ACA, ACCA,
- Previous Experience in a Capital Raising Function Is Required.
- Must have had a good experience working within fast growing companies in developing markets. Telecoms sector would be an added advantage.
- Must be knowledgeable in many aspects of business’s industry beyond Accounting/Finance.
- Must be technologically savvy
- Knowledge of Financial management systems, accounting policies and standards; tax management mergers and acquisitions, costing accounting etc.
- Qualified accountant with knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- Industry Experience: Banking, Corporate Financial
- Services, Investment Management.
- Experience In Implementing ERP System
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience.
- 5 years at Board/ Senior Management position
- Deep understanding and experience with IT, Billing & accounting (ERP) software implementation and deployment is required
- Working knowledge of budgeting, planning, management accounting and corporate finance
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will support the CEO to develop and oversee the execution of a finance, treasury and management strategy that enables the achievement of long term goals and operational plans.
- The CFO will oversee the Organisational Financial Planning and Strategy, Financial Management and control, Treasury Services, Information Technology, Tax and other oversight functions.
The CFO will take on the following responsiblities:
- Must be knowledgeable, passionate and understand the strategic and tactical objectives of each line of Business as well as the group and the implications, identifying and resolving complex problems that may be associated with these objectives.
- Implement a sophisticated reporting mechanism for completeness and accuracy in reporting
- Coordinate the development of the Corporate Centre and Divisional budgets, and the allocation/ distribution of financial resources.
- Conduct budget reviews to ensure relevance, accuracy, timeliness and easy interpretation for management decision making.
- Develop, organize and evaluate the Group’s fiscal function and performance, including but not limited to its medium to long term (5-10 years) business plan.
- Articulate the company’s financial strategies and ensure alignment with its strategic objectives.
- Take responsibility for financial reporting and analysis and setting performance indices, including recommendation of changes to improve systems and financial performance.
- Develop and implement detailed cost management strategies to monitor and control costs Group-wide.
- Monitor the Group’s and divisional operating base costs and highlight factors impacting effective cost management, hence contributing towards the achieving low cost business environment.
- Develop effective tax planning strategies and oversee the accurate and timely filing of all tax financial, industry and other regulatory returns.
- Responsible for the preparation of the Financial reports in line with the International Financial reporting standard (IFRS) and constantly keeping abreast of developments in the space.
- Drive the automation of all Finance processes including but not limited to SCM, Internal control, risk and compliance and business performance management frameworks.
- Coordinate investor relations activities including preparation of investor communications and presentations.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and trends and proactively ensure the adoption of relevant practices.
- Authorize expenditure/ transactions in line with the Group’s approved authority limits.
- Oversee the production of periodic reports for use by the Board, as well as the Audit/Finance Committee and Executive Leadership of the different Business Divisions.
- Act on behalf of, and perform any other duties that may be assigned by the GMD/CEO.
Deadline: 31st December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online