Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client, an Engineering concern is seeking a suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Accountant / Resident Auditor
- Make appropriate corrections wherever necessary.
- Document all audit reports and findings for the top management.
- Implement best practices and procedures in all audit systems and accounting functions.
- Assess and evaluate internal controls of accounting functions.
- Prepare audit reports on a periodic basis for the top management.
- Ensure completion of all audit programs on time.
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Initiate and implement effective auditing system to control all financial operations and processes.
- Create internal audit system for effective functioning of finance department.
- Guide and lead audit teams to achieve audit goals and objectives.
- Review and reconcile all customers, vendors and ledger balances.
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Additional certification (ICAN or equivalent is a plus)
- Experience in an audit firm is a plus
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com with “Job title” as subject of the email.
Application Deadine 22nd January, 2020.