Helen Keller International (HKI) – Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contract Procurement Assistant
Reports to: Procurement / Logistic Officer
Scope of the Position
- The role of the Contract Procurement Assistant is to assist the Procurement/Logistic Officer to procure goods and services in compliance with HKI procurements policies and procedures.
- S / he collects proforma invoices on approved purchase requisitions, prepares offer analysis and makes recommendations.
- Once the purchase order has been completed, the Contract procurement Assistant will follow up to assure delivery.
- She / he maintains procurement data including supplier list and standards of goods and services, and ensures the effectiveness of procurement in timely and cost effective manner.
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship, deliver)
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
- Collect and send invoices to appropriate department
- Assist the Procurement Officer in maintaining current up to date Procurement documents and Manuals
- Routing copying and circulation of quotes, bids and proposal for evaluation;
- Researching pricing obtaining quotes locally on low value items;
- Assist with the coordination with the selected bidder to ensure completion of administrative processes including Bid Security, contract award notice and that contract documents are distributed accordingly.
- Receive the approved PF from user department and process the appropriate documents procedures for purchases/Services/Contracts;
- Check and classify the precedence of the requisition and process as priority setting of the material needed.
- Coordinate with requestors and make sure the right materials needed. Find out the sample of material to be purchased if necessary;
- Provide purchased materials to the responsible receiving office and do all actions for completing the process.
- Maintain appropriated records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
- Do market survey for prices of goods
- Assist peers as required (coordinate meetings, training, etc.)
- Coordinating travel of company personnel; booking flights, hotels, etc. – when required
- Entering the daily data from drillers timesheets into computer system
- Run errands in town (postal services, pick up supplies)
- Obtain RFQ’s and submit to proper department
- Responsible for organization of property maintenance
- Assistance with the preparation of Request for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal
- Perform other duties related field as assigned by supervisor.
- University Degree in Purchasing or related field.
- Three years’ experience in procurement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- English fluency including business terminology required.
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Planning and scheduling skills.
- Experience in a USG or donor-funded project or NGO preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a comprehensive Resume with a Cover Letter as ONE MS Word document to: email@example.com using the “Position Title” as the subject of the email.
- Applications will not be accepted after the above stated closing date
- There are no relocation allowances available for this position.
Application Deadline 17th January, 2020 (Time: 5PM)