Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Assistant
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- Provide support to the program by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of Administrative activities regarding office and guesthouse management in accordance with the DRC Operations Handbook and Program Manual with adherence to the donor guidelines.
- Ensure office and Guest Houses are well maintained. Cover all Electricity, Plumbing and Carpentry needs
- Organizing Dislodging and Waste disposal in all locations.
- Work closely with the Procurement team to ensure better planning is in place for purchasing office supplies quarterly and track the appropriate usage of the office supplies providing monthly accountability reports to the supervisor
- Receiving and managing hotel and guesthouse bookings including following up that the payment for hotel accommodation is made in time
- Receiving and booking meeting rooms requests as well as making sure the venue for meeting/training is well organized with all necessary needs put in place.
- Assist with taking minutes of the events/meeting. if required.
- Ensuring that office/guesthouse premises remain clean, sanitary and well organized
- Ensure routine maintenance of office equipment is done
- Responsible for tracking all the lease agreements for offices/Guest House etc.; manage and timely renew office and Guesthouse rental agreements including updating the spreadsheet detailing start date for each lease agreement, end date and alerting Supervisor.
- Ensure proper tracking and appropriate filing systems for office correspondence and personnel files documentation.
Support Assets, Inventories and Stock Management:
- Maintain the records of Assets, Equipment for Yola office, in line with the Assets recording system for the country program.
- Inform the relevant Programme staff/managers upon the receipts and dispatches and coordinate with them. Allow requesters inspection of items upon delivery for quality
- Ensure stocks Reports are shared with the line manager monthly basis and per request.
- Do a stock inventory and update stock report on a regular basis
- Receiving and checking deliveries to ensure that the correct amount and type is delivered.
- Ensure that the assets that are issued to staff are authorized, recorded and necessary paper work exists as per the DRC policy.
- Ensure that all assets are properly maintained and looked after. Any misuse and abuse are reported to the Support services team leader
- Ensure that all stock items are properly stored and correctly recorded as per the guidelines and the stores are well maintained.
- Ensure that the movement of inventories to or from the stores is correctly documented; authorized and file as per procedures.
- Ensure vehicle/s are properly cleaned, roadworthy and utilized as per the organization’s policies and maintain documentations.
- Ensures the safe operation of the fleet through daily check of vehicles and are regularly serviced.
- Ensure proper recording on fleet management (e.g. log books, fuel consumption etc) according to DRC’s Logistics Reporting policy
- Organizing the daily/weekly planning and use of a vehicle
- Checking rational consumption for all vehicles and motorized equipment.
General Work and Filing:
- Ensure health and safety policy is implemented and matters related to are reported to the designated responsible manager.
- Ensure back-up of the document in office and support field offices in doing the same.
- Ensure all paperwork is kept according to DRC’s policies and procedures of and filed neatly with supporting documents in respective files.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the line manager, where they do not contradict the organization’s policies.
- Availability: 4th February, 2020
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for tax returns.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for a written test and oral interview
Application Deadline 4th February, 2020.