The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Genebank Application Developer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Maintain and upgrade existing inventories system and accessions application;
- Develop and deploy web services to consume/expose data from GRC databases
- Maintain IITA Genetic Resources Center website;
- Assist the database manager in training IT students and NYSC in software programming;
- Assist the database manager in source code maintenance using Git, writing databases and application user’s manuals;
- Assist the database manager in implementing GRIN-Global system;
- Assist in developing web and mobile applications for data capturing in the lab, screen-house and on the field;
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Programming or related field with minimum of five (5) years’ work experience performing similar role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have strong experience in mobile and web applications programming using. Net Core and JAVA EE.
- Have ability to work under Linux/Windows operating system.
- Be familiar with android and windows mobile development, Eclipse, Tomcat and MS Visual Studio environment
- Have good communication skill and work off time.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application below, attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 4th February, 2020.