First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Group Head, Commercial Banking – Lagos Island Hub
Ref Id: 20000001
Grade Range – From: Manager to Principal Manager
Organization: Corporate Banking Directorate
Job Type: Full-time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and drive the trade finance transactions of the group
- Ensure staff are adequately trained
- Co-ordinate the activities of Emerging Corporates team in area of coverage by promoting and marketing the brand and its products
- Direct the marketing efforts of the business units.
- Ensure set targets are met in line with budget.
- Remain abreast of the market, industry, competition and regulatory developments to contribute to the enhancement of the Bank’s overall objectives.
- Ensure that the set targets of Emerging corporates are met in line with guidelines and set target.
- Champion excellent service delivery with a view to delighting our customers.
- Manage peculiar risks within the team. Work closely with risk management to develop suitable risk acceptance criteria (RAAC) for the Emerging Corporates market
- Build an extraordinary work place by ensuring effective and efficient customer service standards.
- Appraise; recommend/approve credits of the business units.
- Ensure strict compliance to policy and guidelines of the bank.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the Team towards the realization of the Banks’ objectives and goals.
- Develop Team leads and Managers to work cross-functionally to exploit synergies within various SBUs to the Bank’s competitive advantage.
- Generate revenue through assets and liabilities creation in the manufacturing sector of the economy.
- Provide specialist financial advice and support to clients within the focused industry portfolio which will effectively fulfill their corporate needs.
- Minimum Education: First Degree or its equivalent in any discipline preferably business related.
- Minimum experience: Minimum of 10 years relevant experience with at least 5 years in a management and leadership role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply