Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Behaviour Change Communication Officer (Local Government Level – Abia)
Job Type: Contract
- Under the coordination and advice of the BCC Adviser at the State level, the LGA BC staff will support the implementation of BCC activities for the project in the corresponding LGA.
- Assist in the development of state work plans
- Any other technical tasks as assigned by the Project
- Support the implementation and monitoring of the Behavioural Change Strategy at the LGA level, this will include to provide advice on the social norms that will be targeted by the project BC Strategy as well as developing the strategy components
- Support the development and field testing of BC messages and materials at the LGA level by working in partnership with the Project Communications Firm
- Provide technical advice and quality control for the implementation of activities under the project in the LGA and community levels
- Support other non-BCC related communication activities of the project at the state level. This will require the development of a comprehensive communication strategy for the project, which will include but not limited to communication through mass media, new media channels (e.g. social media) and oral media channels at the national, state and community/local levels.
- Assist to research existing agricultural systems at the LGA level and establish links with Agricultural extension workers
- Support Barefoot Business Councillors (BBCs) roles in supporting WAG members to implement business plans
- Support the evaluation of livelihood grant proposals and assist LGA evaluation committees in this process.
- Support implementation of business plans created by WAG members
- Provide guidance on approaches to enhance the quality of existing livelihoods by WAG members
- Assist in overseeing training of livelihood groups on the relevant livelihood sectors and skills needed to be successful
- Guide the development of monitoring tools to assist the field teams in monitoring the progress of the livelihood groups at the state level
- Good communication skill (both speaking and oral) in English.
- Good use of Microsoft office tools
- He/she should have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Mass Communications, Sociology, Anthropology or related Social Sciences is recommended but can be substituted for added experience working on social issues at the grassroots level.
- Three to five years of experience in some of the following areas: design of communication messages and interventions; work on gender issues; and qualitative research.
- Willingness to travel and work in rural communities.
Job Title: Behaviour Change Communication Adviser (Federal Level – Niger)
Job Type: Contract
- The Behaviour Change Communication Adviser will support the implementation of all project BCC activities for the project in the corresponding states.
- Provide technical advice and quality control for the implementation of activities under the project in the corresponding State, LGA and community levels
- Support other non-BCC related communication activities at the state level. This will require the development of a comprehensive communication strategy for the project which will include but not limited to communication through mass media; new media channels (e.g. social media) and oral media channels at the national, state and community/local levels;
- Review the progress of all BCC related activities and prepare regular reports for submission to Project Coordinator.
- Support the development, implementation and monitoring of the Behavioral Change Strategy at the State level, this will include to provide advise on the social norms that will be targeted by the project BC Strategy as well as developing the strategy components
- Lead the implementation of the BC Strategy at the State level and provide quality control and technical advice as well as oversight for the implementation of such strategy at the LGA and community levels. This will include to oversee the development and field testing of BC messages and materials working in partnership with the Project Communications Firm
- BCC programs targeting key or vulnerable populations; BCC programs targeting general populations; implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Willingness to occasionally travel and work with rural communities.
- Well-versed with working in MS office environment
- Good communication skill in English (both written and oral)
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Master’s in Development Communications, Mass Communications, Sociology, Anthropology, Public Health, or related field. A combination of Bachelor’s Degree and experience is also acceptable.
- Five to Seven years of experience in some of the following areas:
- the design of behaviour change communications strategies, messages and interventions; application of behavioural sciences in program design; work on gender issues and BCC-related qualitative research; community-based BCC program development and implementation;
Job Title: Community Mobilization and Capacity Building Adviser (Federal level – Abia)
Job Type: Contract
- This adviser will also support staff at LGA and community level to engage a broad range of actors, such as Government Institutions, (NGOs) etc. to partner with them for project implementation.
- The Community Mobilization and Capacity Building Adviser will provide technical assistance in the mobilization of women into affinity groups ensuring that the process is inclusive, and the capacities of the women are built in accordance with the Project Development Objective and in accordance with the characteristics of the LGAs in the respective states.
- Advise and support the implementation of strategies to avoid elite capture and exclusion as part of project formation
- Develop and design the strategy for systematic tracking of the WAGs members in various communities
- Support the project in the area of knowledge transfer and institutionalization
- Assist and advise in the preparation of state workplans
- Ensure quality control of all Social mobilization activities and at all levels
- Assist the Communications Adviser in promoting the project by providing substantive input for stories, articles and other PR activities
- Perform any other task that may be assigned by the project.
- Support the development of capacity building strategy for the project detailing the approach, processes at each level, methodologies and quality assurance mechanism
- Support the development of capacity building strategy for WAGs detailing the approach, processes at each level, methodologies and quality assurance mechanism
- Support development of the training plan including budget and logistics requirements as per timelines detailed in the project workplan
- Support the development and finalization of training materials in consultation with subject matter experts and other team members, as required
- Organize ToTs for LGA staff and Ward Facilitators
- Support the identification of existing women groups in the community, assess their practices/mode of operation, and existing interventions beneficial to the women groups
- Advice LGA staff and Ward Facilitators on the use of participatory and informed social mobilization strategies to identify excluded women
- Support LGA relevant staff to mobilize women into Women Affinity Groups at the community level
- Advise and collaborate with the State Behavioural Chance Adviser in identifying and developing partnership with key stakeholders at the State level such as Learning Institutions, CSOs, FBOs and other relevant Institutions for WAGs capacity building
- Assist in the development and delivery of training modules on life skills and psycho-social training to trainers to WAGs members
- 5 to 7 years of experience in social mobilization, and organising trainings for groups and individuals at all levels. Knowledge of the corresponding project State social characteristics.
- Ability to work with communities from various social, religious and cultural backgrounds, have good communication skill (both speaking and oral). He/she should have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Master’s in Social Sciences (Sociology, Anthropology) or a related field. Combination of Bachelor’s degree and experience is also acceptable