Right Recruitment Nigeria Limited – Our client, a leading International Beauty Academy in Nigeria is looking to recruit a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cosmetology Instructor
- You will have a love of all things beauty and be passionate and confident about teaching students’ new skills and qualifications.
- Many hours may be spent standing, and working with chemicals which often requires wearing protective clothing so it is important that you are health and safety conscious, and in good physical condition.
- The individual will work as part of the academic team and will be responsible for training small to medium groups of aspiring cosmetologists on beauty techniques and applications.
- You will have excellent experience as a hands-on beauty therapist and at least 3 years of teaching experience having worked for a college or in-house training. You must have good planning, preparation, organisational and administrative skills and an awareness of academic quality standards.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide effective verbal and written feedback to ensure students develop their skills and have a clear understanding on their goals and targets and what is required of them to successfully complete their programme and progress into either further learning or sustainable employment.
- Help develop the courses in terms of both the delivery strategies and current techniques/expectations.
- Keep abreast of developments within own areas of expertise, informing programme manager of any necessary changes and keeping learning material up to date to reflect the academy and awarding body requirements.
- Ensure all students are fully engaged with their learning; developing the skills, knowledge and standards required for successful completion of their programme.
- Actively encourage and promote the process and importance of developing essential English, maths and ICT skills as part of the wider need of the course.
- Work collaboratively with other members of staff within the academy and provide assistance when needed.
- Planning and delivering high quality teaching in hair and beauty 5 days a week, consistent with the school curriculum and ITEC and CIDESCO standards.
- Have classroom and resources set up and ready prior to classes.
- Ensure exams and tests are invigilated correctly and all marking, assessments and any moderation are objective.
- Motivate students to excel and ensure that the success rates of students are at or above the level set by the academy.
- Assist with open days and student applications as required, promoting the work of the academy.
- Contribute to the development of course materials.
Note: This list is not exhaustive; the Cosmetology Instructor will be required to undertake further tasks in order to ensure business needs are met.
What we are looking for;
- Ability to deal with challenges and work under pressure.
- Health and safety awareness and the ability to provide health and safety advice to students.
- Strong computer skills to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint and excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills, attention to detail and ability to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to take an objective approach during the assessment of students work.
- A strong team player with excellent communication skills and numerical skills.
- Must be flexible and available to work occasional Saturdays.
- Vocational Training, Certificate or degree in Cosmetology.
- 3 years or more experience of working within a Spa / Salon environment with an in-depth and practical knowledge of hairstyling, skincare, makeup, hair removal, lashes, brow, manicures/pedicures etc.
- Active cosmetology license mandatory; cosmetology instructor’s license (optional).
- Experience of working as a tutor or facilitator in an education setting preferred but not necessary.
- Learner-focused and committed to ensuring that students have an outstanding learning experience.
- Self-motivated and committed to own personal development.
- Ability to work with others and independently.
- 14 days paid holiday per year.
- Opportunity to work for a leader in the industry.
- Attractive renumeration package up to N150,000.00 per month based on experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their up-to-date CV with a one page Cover Letter to: Admin@RightRecruitmentNigeria.com clearly indicating the “Job Title” as the subject of your mail, and why you should be considered suitable for the position.
- Candidates will be required to evidence how they successfully meet the required criteria if selected for an interview.
- Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days of the application deadline, you have not been shortlisted for this role.
- Application received after the deadline will not be considered.
Application Deadline Friday; 28th February, 2020.