Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Informatics Specialist
Job Ref Code: HIS14220
Reports To: MEAL Director
- S/he will manage the various modules like dashboards, forms and reports as well as providing technical support for partners at the national and state levels.
- The HIS will perform general oversight functions in the coordination, supervision and support of all ICT4D/MEAL activities on routine basis and as the need may arise. In addition, s/he is required to provide technical support to the State MEAL teams in the development, organization, maintenance and updating of all existing databases and management information systems (MIS) used by FASTER in data collation and reporting; at the national, state, and PEPFAR levels.
- Health Informatics Specialist, FASTER Project, under the direct supervision of the MEAL Director, and in constant collaboration with the Technical Advisor, MEAL HIV Care and Treatment; is responsible for the management of various information technology for development (ICT4D) infrastructure and diverse management information systems (MIS) such as the National OVC Management Information System (NOMIS), District Health Management Information System (DHIS), Implementing partners’ electronic medical records (EMR – OpenMRS, LAMIS), and PEPFAR Data for Accountability, Transparency and Impact (DATIM), to mention a few.
Qualifications and Skills
Education and Experience:
- Basic knowledge of Relational Database management applications such as Oracle, Microsoft Access, SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, e.t.c
- Excellent analytic, organizational and computer skills in the use of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; and ability to interpret and analyze large volumes of data using data analysis tools such as STATA, SPSS, PowerBi, or any other data management tools.
- The ability to adapt to learn new software and other on-premise or cloud-based systems and electronic processes.
- In-depth understanding of research and public health programs and link activities/opportunities in Nigeria to ongoing research and public health evaluation activities especially in adolescent and pediatric services
- Demonstrated skills in MEAL, data management and quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Proven leadership and inter-personal skills for effective teamwork; as well as the ability to work independently on a frequent basis, taking initiative, working under pressure, managing a variety of activities concurrently,and delivering outputs on schedule and to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Social Science, Medical Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or a related field. A master’s degree (MPH, MSc. MBA) will be an added advantage. Or MB.BS/MD or similar degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Information Management or Medicine (strong background in epidemiology, biostatistics or M & E) with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “CRS Application Form” using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume in a single file in PDF format using the Job Reference Code and Location as the subject of the mail to: email@example.com
Click here to Download Application Form (Drop-box)
Click Here for Job Details (Drop-box)
Application Deadline 5:00pm; 28th February, 2020.
Important Information / Notice
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’