Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance / Human Resources Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Report to: Project Human resource /Finance Manager
Report to (functional): Project Human resource /Finance Manager
Working Hours: 48hours per week
Contract Duration: 10 Months
- Execute administrative and finance tasks and do follow up of project accountancy, according to administration Manager’s indications and MSF procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources.
- Execute administrative and legal related tasks, under supervision of the Administrator Manager, checking payroll calculations and updating personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Make all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.)
- Classify and prepare all accounting pieces as requested by the Administration Manager.
- File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting software, with the support from the Administration Manager and/or the Accounting Manager (ACMA).
- Follow up accommodation and movement plan to the projects and ensure all staffs are well information.
- Daily Supervision of the cleaners and cook all ensuring that the environment is properly kept and follow up of hygiene suppliers.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Update Social security & Tax office employee files and documents in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
- Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Draw up the final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending MSF ’s interests.
- Follow up all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity.
- Desirable Finance, Business or Administration related Diploma.
- Essential previous working experience of at least two (02) years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Essential English and Hausa.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet). Asset Homere and FFC
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, Stress Management, service
- N3,949,140 (Annual basic salary +13th month) As per the MSF salary scale (National contract).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV, motivation letter, copies of credentials and copy of NYSC (only PDF or Word) by email to: email@example.com In the subject please to put the position and the reference for while you are applying.
In-person to “MSF SPAIN Office” at:
Old International Primary School Line,
NTA / Circular Junction by Damboa Road,
Maiduguri, Borno State.
- Applications should be accompanied by copy of the NYSC certificate.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply
Application Deadline 25th February, 2020.