The Center for Community Health and Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
Job Title: Driver
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Position Type: Regular
- To provide driving support to the organization, while adhering to the standard driving regulation and the Nigerian Highway code.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Keep the interior and the exterior of the official vehicle clean at all time. Ensure the vehicle log book is updated at every trip; sign by passenger appropriately. Ensure vehicle use polices and procedure is maintained.
- Respond promptly to request to ensure for vehicle use by appropriate staff. Daily cleaning of the vehicle to ensure vehicles are kept neat at all times.
- Ensure that the admin Officer or his/her designate is kept abreast of all routine promptness, proper appearance, and respect for laws, passengers and general public. Perform other duties that may be assigned to him by the management.
- Drive the official vehicle in a safe manner maintain an accurate log of all vehicle movement, maintain and repair in accordance with CHAD international policies and procedures.
- Keep track of vehicle repair and servicing. Procedure and replenish fuel, oil, and other inputs in a cost-effective manner that ensures reliable use of the vehicle using appropriate tools for requisition and approval.
- A minimum of OND / NCE
- A minimum 3-4 years of experience in driving and fleet management. The driver should be conversant with the security situation of Borno state. Previous experience working with NGO or developmental organization will serve as an added advantage.
- A valid driver’s license
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of scheduling systems and procedures.
- Fluency in English is essential while knowledge of local languages (Hausa, kanuri, Shuwa) will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure, confident in facing challenges and overcoming problems.
- Broad knowledge of automobile and good professional skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and educational credentials (in a printed copy) and a handwritten Cover Letter to the “CHAD office” at:
Hajja Aisa Street,
Beside Bulukutu Primary School,
Maiduguri, Borno State.
- CHAD considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to sex, disability, religion, tribe among others
- All employees of CHAD Int’l will have to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Only CV and educational credentials are to be in a printed copy while Cover Letter should be hand written
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- CHAD Intl is an equal opportunity employer
Application Deadline 25th March, 2020.