African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Administrative Assistant – CHMH
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50054102
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department / Division:
- The Corporate Medical, Occupational Health and Safety Unit (CHMH) of the Bank enhances health promotion, prevention strategies and comprehensive interventions in an effort to protect, preserve and promote the health and well-being of all Staff members – healthy lifestyles for all.
- Under the supervision of the Head, CHMH, the Administrative Assistant would be required to work closely and effectively with the CHMH team, to provide a wide range of administrative support and assistance in the implementation of the CHMH work program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Administrative Assistant would be required to work closely and effectively with the CHMH Team. Specific tasks would include, but are not limited to the following:
- Acts as focal point for administrative organization and follow up on matters relating to CHMH activities and ensure all correspondence is well managed.
- Assist in finalizing travel arrangements (booking tickets, accommodation, visa, preparing Travel Requests, Statement of Expenses).
- Maintain records for the CHMH Team (both paper and electronic in SAP) in accordance with Bank’s guidelines.
- Updating and maintaining various staff lists from time to time
- Provide logistical support (room booking, and communication requirements, catering requests, etc) for Staff Meetings, trainings, and other events.
- Provide general administrative support for the CHMH by liaising with CGHS in respect of office accommodation, allocation of office furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Request for repair and maintenance works and follow-up to ensure that such works have been satisfactorily carried out.
- Maintain familiarity with contents of operational documents and reports, keeping abreast of Bank’s policies, procedures and work processes.
- Provide logistical support for meetings and other activities to coordinate activities related to work across all the sections of the unit.
- Take notes at meetings, write letters, and prepare minutes as requested.
- Other tasks assigned by the Head, CHMH
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant, practical experience in administrative work, preferably in Human Resources Management or Social Welfare environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment as a team player with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to be discrete and maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence with standard Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel Access, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP HR & FI (GL, Accounts payable and Receivable) is an advantage
- Honesty and sensitivity to client’s needs.
- Ability to communicate with clients.
- Possess problem solving skill & Client Orientation
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work, meet strict deadlines and work in team
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions (the post holder will be considered as a local staff and will not have international terms and conditions of employment).
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever
Application Deadline 25th April, 2020.