The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Information Management Assistant
Requisition ID: req8768
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- The child protection response has a main focus on psychosocial support for children, adolescents and their parents through the Safe Healing and Learning Spaces and parenting groups, case management for unaccompanied, separated children (UASC) and other children at risk, working with community based child protection mechanisms and awareness raising on child protection concerns.
- The Data Base Assistant will be responsible for the implementation of information management in relation to the case management project.
- This Job Description is reviewed to capture the current expectation of the CP staff so at to provide him/her with guidance of what is expected of him/her based on the current context and programming. This will enable his/her supervisor to hold him/her accountable to his/her responsibility and ensure accountability to our targeted clients, donors and IRC Nigeria Country Program.
Scope of Work:
- The Date Base Assistant will assist in the setting up and implementation of the information management system as part of case management responses for children vulnerable to abuse, exploitation, neglect and violence (especially UASC).
- To ensure all information collected from field sites in their location as part of case management responses for children harmed or at risk of being harmed are safely and accurately filed and stored.
- To support caseworkers in managing their caseload by extracting individual caseload information.
- To ensure that all data protection protocols are observed while managing information collected.
- To uphold the IRC Child Safeguarding Policy and the Prevention of Sexual of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse within the work place and communities of intervention.
Who this position reports to:
- The Child Protection Information Assistant reports to the Child Protection Program Manager in Yobe.
- Ensure data of all cases registered under case management are entered into the CPIMS Data Base.
- Provide coding for all cases registered.
- Responsible for ensuring data protection for all CP data.
Grant Monitoring and Reporting:
- Provide input for weekly and staff activity reports.
- Monitor and report trends in case management to CP Manager on a monthly basis.
Coordination & Representation:
- Effectively communicate with caseworkers, CP assistants, officers and manager to provide necessary information concerning reporting.
- Regularly attend case management meetings at field level
- Contribute to the development of proposal activities in relation to information management.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
- All IRC staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Uphold the IRC Child Safeguarding Policy and ensure the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse in the workplace and communities of intervention.
- A minimum qualification of Technical diploma or degree in Computer Science, Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Demonstrated understanding of information management principles, tools and systems, knowledge of and experience in using the IA CP IMS preferred.
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English required and in Hausa preferred.
- Good computer skills such as: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply