Africa Digital Economy and Development Centre (ADEDE) is a full-fledged development organisation, focused on the digital economy and the application of digitization-in-development. We are a program implementation, advocacy and research institution working to bridge the gap between theory and practice, disrupting unhealthy local processes using scientific evidence and providing time tested advisory services to governments, development partners and institutions around Africa.
Applications are invited for:
Title: African Research Internship Program
- As part of our Continuous Capacity Development Program (CCDP), ADE-DE is recruiting 2000 African Research Interns within and outside Africa to work with our team of experts for the next 24 months.
- The main objective of the ADEDE CCDP is to prepare smart Africans willing to join development institutions such as the African Union, World Bank as well as other development Institutions for a research career. The program topical areas will draw heavily from Agenda 2063 of the AU.
- Interns will be recruited and will be expected to get to work within the second quarter of 2020 for three months. By the end of the third month in the third quarter between 500 to 1000 researchers will be selected to continue in the program. In the fourth quarter, another selection will be made within the remaining pool of researchers.
- The number to be selected will be communicated to all Interns. These cohorts of Research Interns who are finally selected will be referred to as ADE-DE Research Scholars and will be addressed as such. Amongst these Scholars a few will be selected to mentor the next cohort of interns to be recruited by the end of the year.
- The interns will be required to work from home within the selected period. At the end of the programme, a Certificate of Achievement will be issued to Interns who successfully completed the program.
Interns are to select any of these areas of development:
- Digital health and Africa Development
- Artificial Intelligence and Africa Development
- Ecommerce and the AfCFTA
- IoT, Markets and Development
- Cryptocurrency, Trade and Development
- Blockchain technology and Africa Development
- Digitization and Green Economy
- Climate change, digitalization and Development
- Or identify any other area of interest to you within the sphere of digital economy and development.
- All applicants must either possess a Bachelor’s degree in any field at least with a second class as a minimum qualification or be graduating by the end of 2020. While all applicants have the same chance of been selected, preference will be given to Masters or higher degree holders.
- All applicants must ensure that they can give at least 4-5 hours per week to developing concept notes, writing literature reviews or performing basic statistical analysis.
- Although undertaken a course in research methodology is not a strong point, however, preference will be given to applicants who have attended an undergraduate or graduate course in research methodology.
- All applicants must have passionate interest in research for Africa development and be willing to learn new skills and knowledge.
- All applicants must have a personal computer with a strong internet connection.
- All applicants should be able to write and communicate fluently in either English or French and should be able to present well proofread and grammatical free writeups.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd May, 2020.